Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Avon sterling skeleton key ring

Larbear2

Got out today for what was supposed to be a water hunt, it didn’t work out that way. Even though water levels were down for the winter, along the river the drop offs were deep and the water was super rocky close to the shore. I was limited to searching dry ground, rocky swimming areas with little sand. It was a new to me area so I followed the shore line wherever I could, but never got in the water even though I had come wearing my chest waders because I thought I would be searching in the water. Found the Avon ring on dry land in pine needle duff as I made my way from the shoreline up the bank to the main trail. Looking online, people are trying to sell the same ring for anywhere from 50 -100 dollars. Evidently it is a vintage ring from 1976. I was using my AT Pro.
First picture is my sterling and 90% silver coins for 2021, also a V nickel. Second picture is my gold finds for 2021. Third picture is my sterling finds so far for 2022, all water finds except the Avon ring. And I got my first silver coin for the year, ‘56 Rosie, also from the water.
Hunts have been limited to the water for the most part, although certain areas areas are thawing out as we get a break from the snow and very cold temps. Also got a crusty horseshoe out of the lake, not sure if I will try and restore it or not. Eyeball finds include a marble and a pair of Rapala fishing pliers.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
Got out today for what was supposed to be a water hunt, it didn’t work out that way. Even though water levels were down for the winter, along the river the drop offs were deep and the water was super rocky close to the shore. I was limited to searching dry ground, rocky swimming areas with little sand. It was a new to me area so I followed the shore line wherever I could, but never got in the water even though I had come wearing my chest waders because I thought I would be searching in the water. Found the Avon ring on dry land in pine needle duff as I made my way from the shoreline up the bank to the main trail. Looking online, people are trying to sell the same ring for anywhere from 50 -100 dollars. Evidently it is a vintage ring from 1976. I was using my AT Pro.
First picture is my sterling and 90% silver coins for 2021, also a V nickel. Second picture is my gold finds for 2021. Third picture is my sterling finds so far for 2022, all water finds except the Avon ring. And I got my first silver coin for the year, ‘56 Rosie, also from the water.
Hunts have been limited to the water for the most part, although certain areas areas are thawing out as we get a break from the snow and very cold temps. Also got a crusty horseshoe out of the lake, not sure if I will try and restore it or not. Eyeball finds include a marble and a pair of Rapala fishing pliers.View attachment 22472View attachment 22475View attachment 22476
Good bit of work there.
Nice collection.
Congratulations