Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Awaiting word from Garmin about a traffic subscription...

Guvner

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Garmin Nuvi with the suction mount that allows you to get a traffic subscription. About a month ago someone took it from the car, threw the receiver in my yard presumably when they realized it had a code in it but kept the cord. Not knowing at the time that I needed that particular power cord with the antenna built in nor not realizing that Garmin was only going to be sorry for my loss I decided I didn't trust the entire thing and bought a built in Kenwood 7120 with the Garmin Navigation system built in. I contacted Garmin telling them what I did and they did say they were awfully sorry for my loss but the subscription could not be moved. Since I didn't think that was a bit fair I've written them and mentioned I'd report any and all things they did over these forums. I think this is the biggest crock of all. They say they can keep him from using it on a different unit but they won't give me my remaining subscription on my new unit or the other one if I'd buy yet another mount. (I am thinking that I only bought it a few months ago and used my American Express card so I may have another out yet.. It's only $60 but many of the other manufacturers give traffic away. It's the idea of it.)

Needless to say I'm not much into putting up with this kind of thing and believe I got the wrong person handling this. To me it is almost unbelievable to even have to have this conversation as I'm not asking for anything free. Just what I paid for. So you buyers that are thinking of buying a unit. Pay attention to this thread and you will at least get an idea if they are really a good company or someone you want to avoid.

Thanks for listening...

Guvner..

n/t

Thanks Stacy at Garmin. I appreciate you taking a look at it and fixing what I thought should have been done previously. Sorry I didn't have you for customer service last time.

Guvner..

You could have helped if you provided a police report of the thet. You would not beleive how inventive people are out there... Glad it got handled right.

I think they'd have laughed. Since I didn't know the traffic was tied into that power cord at first it sure wouldn't have even have occurred to me that it was slightly more valueable then I thought.