Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Awesome day out with the Outlaw..

B.RATNY

Took the Outlaw out to an old foundation site today. It preformed flawlessly in all the iron bits and pieces, needless to say I was very impressed. The 1855 Seated dime was the deepest find at 6 inches all the others were in the 3-4 inch range. The dark coin is an 1804 Half Cent, It's in pretty rough shape. The lead looking object seems to be some sort of bail seal and the item with the hole in it, if you look close, says room 2, must be some sort of key tag. I also found a few plain flat buttons and some other odds and ends. All in all it was a very productive hunt.
HH Butch NY

thats a cool find , the outlaw is one fine detector, say it looks like the dime was run over by wagon wheeels but yet had not seen to much circulation thanks for posting

Thats some old stuff. I found a lead thing that looks like that last year. It has philadelphia Ice written on it.

Way to go! Thanks for showing them to us.

Congrats! Excellent results with that Outlaw! Looking forward to more posts.

Great finds with the Outlaw! I love to see that old stuff come out of the ground; I sure envy the sites you have up there that can hold those older coins in comparison to what we have here in Texas. I look forward to seeing what you turn up next!

well done! thanks for sharing.

You really showed us how to get the Outlaw to talk treasure!That is some excellent detecting there!You got my vote,You are the Outlaw:starwars:.WTG!

WOW! That's some super nice finds you got there. You kicked butt with the Outlaw. Way to go.:cheers:

tabman

Well done Butch.
The lead item seems to be a bag seal of some sorts.
As far as I can make out the legend reads:
THE SALT UNION around one side and LIMITED across the middle.

On the other side it reads:

???????????
THIS ?????
CORPORATION
ON ???????
MANUFACTURED BY
THE SALT UNION
OWNERS OF THE
ORIGINAL
ASHTON WORKS
NORTHWICH
CHESHIRE
ENGLAND

Northwich and area was well known for producing salt.
Ashton Salt works existed at least in 1888, maybe earlier and exported salt to many countries including the USA with New York being one of the destinations.

Dave