Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Awesome first hunt of 2018! Silver coins and OLD GOLD !!!

cz70pro

I decided to return to the spot in the woods where I had my last hunt of 2017 on Christmas Eve that produced silver coins and Civil War bullets. I figured it would be fitting to have my first hunt of 2018 at the same place and see if I could find anything else there.I am very glad I did!

I was hunting open screen with the ferrous line at 24, Multi tones, Auto +3 and with the stock coil. I decided to slow my swings to a crawl this hunt to try and pick some signals out and was soon rewarded with a nice 12-45 high tone. I dug down just 3 to 4 inches and soon saw the glint of a 1941 Mercury dime standing on edge in the hole. I was wondering how I could have missed it as I had gone over the same ground many times the first time I hunted it. The main difference with this hunt was we had just had a snow melt and the ground was nice and wet. I was ecstatic with the find and slipped my very first silver of 2018 in my pocket.

I continued swinging around and digging targets when I saw the tree where I found my first silver of the Christmas Eve hunt. I headed over to it and slowly worked my way around the tree. Soon I got a quick blip of a signal. I moved about 4 inches of leaves aside and the target was still in the ground and reading a solid and consistent 12-21. I was hoping it might be a cuff button instead of the probable pull tab that I just knew it was going to be. I dug the plug down about 4 inches and the signal was still in the hole. Scooped a handful of dirt out, ran the machine over the hole and saw that the target was now out of the hole. I grabbed some dirt and looked in my hand to see a large gold ring gleaming in the dark dirt! I immediately saw the number 43 on the side of it and realized I had just found a 75 year old Class of 1943 ring. It was a man's ring marked 10K and had a crest with an H on it and a scroll underneath that read High School. No other markings on it. What a blast finding it! Especially since it was completely unexpected.

After doing the gold dance out in the woods and calling a few people to let them know what I had found, I resumed hunting as I only had another 20 minutes or so before the sun set. Took me a while to settle down from that last find though. The temperature was in the low 30's but I wasn't feeling a thing! I started heading to the edge of the woods and soon got a 12-16 signal. Figured it would be a pull tab and sure enough 4 inches down there sat the pull tab which I removed. I filled the hole, stood up, rechecked the hole and got a a great 12-13 signal at 5-6 inches deep. Dug down and quickly retrieved a beautiful 1945 P Silver War Nickel that had been sitting underneath the pull tab. Number two silver for 2018! I only had a few feet left to hunt before reaching where I had parked the car. Right at the very edge of the woods, I got a beautiful 12-45 signal at 4 inches and after digging down, pulled out my number three silver which was a nice shiny 1953 Rosie.

What an absolutely awesome hunt! I got a great start on my silver count for 2018 and started the new year with old gold! I sure hope this is a sign of things to come this year!

That is a good way to start 2018 .. Congrats on the excellent finds.

Yeah,them good for nuttin’ Minelabs...heavy,cumbersome,expensive,slow....can’t find nuttin’....my shoulder hurts just looking at your finds.:)

IDXMonster said:
Yeah,them good for nuttin’ Minelabs...heavy,cumbersome,expensive,slow....can’t find nuttin’....my shoulder hurts just looking at your finds.:)

Ha! Ha! How many times have you heard that, IDX !!!

Superb finds, CZ!! Congrat's!

Iowa Dale

Nice find I found a 1953 10k class ring this year from a school in PA .

IDXMonster said:

LOL.

Dale(Ia) said:

Ha! Ha! How many times have you heard that, IDX !!!

Superb finds, CZ!! Congrat's!

Iowa Dale

Thanks Dale! LOL, I hear and read that nonsense all the time. The one I love the most is that the E-Trac can't relic hunt! haha I think most of us can attest otherwise.. HH GL:

Sooper Dave said:
That’s a great spot! Nice silver and man what a killer ring!

Thanks Dave. I am still staring at that ring. Been a long time since I found one.

Mkus said:
Nice find I found a 1953 10k class ring this year from a school in PA .

Thanks Mkus. Glad I could join the club this year ! I dug enough pull tabs to get there. :pulltab:

Silver Bullet said:
Thanks for sharing. Haven't hunted yet this year, but I can't wait to get out.

SB

Thanks SB. GL when you get the chance to get out.

Hey Greg
Wow that is a gorgeous ring. I am ready for a hunt.Thaks for the post keeps me going till I can get out. Looking forward to your next post.
Rick

diggervance said:
Hey Greg
Wow that is a gorgeous ring. I am ready for a hunt.Thaks for the post keeps me going till I can get out. Looking forward to your next post.
Rick

Thanks Rick. That ring knocked my socks off when I saw it in the hole.

Snowed 4 inches last night but should melt again tomorrow and we should be able to dig Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully, I'll find something interesting.