Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"AXIOM"...Garrett's New Release

…I should've made a bigger bucket of popcorn before reading this thread.

If you don't mind sharing the popcorn I'll take a few and reflect on "Electronic Prospecting" as we called in by the latter '70s and early '80s. An era when Garrett Electronics was about the major focus point for detectors, especially at the time in Australia the USA and interest starting in other countries.

I was a Garrett Dealer from '77 and got involved in what hunting I could do back then in Oregon as well as a few locations I was invited to on several states. In '88 I met with a couple of detecting and prospecting clubs and did manage to detect the two largest nuggets I ever have. A a 5 dwt and 8 dwt, but have never found anything close to that at the few gold mining era sites I hunted in Oregon.

All my gold has been found using a VLF detector, usually operating at 15 kHz, 10 kHz and 19 kHz. I haven't chased nuggets with a LF unit but might try this year using the Equinox at 40 kHz

If I get more mobility back I plan to get a new Axiom just for gold nugget hunting. A nice looking new model from Garrett and that means a lot to me.

Monte

Seriously considering an Axiom for wet salt beach hunting, hope to see some test vids on that soon. Would also like to see an
AT- Apex in that housing!!!

Paystreak is full of crap in his Axiom video. That was 5 minutes of mindless drivel.

First, more dedicated P.I. gold machines are sold around the world than general hobby detectors by a LARGE margin. A very LARGE margin.

Second, the high end Minelab gold machines aren't good on the beach. Whereas the Axiom has a dedicated beach mode.

Third, he hunts parks. Good for him, now shut up. How many videos does he have hunting for gold nuggets ? Nor does he beach hunt with any regularity as he would have to travel many miles to find a beach. He needs to stay in his little park /curb strip hunting zone and not comment about something he doesn't do.

Fourth, he's complaining about the Axiom control head looking like the Apex head. Huh ? Minelab copied Deteknix with the Nox control head. Then Nokta followed up with the Simplex control head and it carried over to the Legend. Where is his complaint ? Garrett stays with their design and he's bashing it. He also mentioned Garrett didn't have a PI. machine. Was he born yesterday ? ATX and Seahunter come to mind. The more he spoke, the dumber he sounded.
And the Axiom is a PI machine.

I like this guy Super Freak. He is spot on when detecting. I dare anyone to keep up with him. He truly loves detecting. His life passion.

Oh hell, I forgot all about the Impulse. What am I going to do now. :unsure:
Yeah. Bout time for their "NEW" AQ. Let's see. I need $4000 for Garrett. $1600 for Scorpion. At least $3500 for Impulsion. Need a beer.

Paystreak is full of crap in his Axiom video. That was 5 minutes of mindless drivel.

First, more dedicated P.I. gold machines are sold around the world than general hobby detectors by a LARGE margin. A very LARGE margin.

Second, the high end Minelab gold machines aren't good on the beach. Whereas the Axiom has a dedicated beach mode.

Third, he hunts parks. Good for him, now shut up. How many videos does he have hunting for gold nuggets ? Nor does he beach hunt with any regularity as he would have to travel many miles to find a beach. He needs to stay in his little park /curb strip hunting zone and not comment about something he doesn't do.

Fourth, he's complaining about the Axiom control head looking like the Apex head. Huh ? Minelab copied Deteknix with the Nox control head. Then Nokta followed up with the Simplex control head and it carried over to the Legend. Where is his complaint ? Garrett stays with their design and he's bashing it. He also mentioned Garrett didn't have a PI. machine. Was he born yesterday ? ATX and Seahunter come to mind. The more he spoke, the dumber he sounded.

kajunman has valid points. i would say he was a little strong in how they were delivered except there is already a mud slinging contest going on so all's fair. :poop:

I've watched a number of PSSF's video's. Park / easement / yard hunter. He enjoys his detecting and shares that enthusiasm on his videos. A PI gold hunting machine makes a poor choice for a park / easement / yard hunter. I don't recall seeing PSSF post a video nugget hunting in AZ, NV, CA, OR, ID, MT, etc. I might have missed it in a search. If so, my bad.

That said, PSSF's 'Sniff test" on the axiom isn't a review at all, but an opinion piece on his feelings about Garrett Electronics and their detectors. He laments about the Apex not checking the boxes of what he was hoping for, he worries about the direction Garrett Electronics Corp is headed and suggests there will be minimal sales of Garretts newest detector offering. Next, he suggests that Garrett should really be focusing on a real Simultaneous Multi-Frequency detector, or at least a stellar Selectable Frequency detector. He believes the Ace Apex is not this detector. Since the Ace Apex is the premier detector in the low end Ace line of Garrett Detectors, I would agree.

I'm not sure how a new VLF detector is of any benefit to the high end world of PI gold detectors. He obviously wanders off topic (Axiom) like kajunman points out.

Having been involved in detecting for a very long time myself, when I have interest in knowledgable opinions other than my own, I look to those that have expertise in those areas. PSSF certainly has opinions about the detecting industry, like many of us, but is NOT any sort of expert in the world of prospecting and nugget hunting. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about that. Why would we seek the opinion of a park / easement / yard hunter for prospecting advice? I wouldn't.

Why is capnkirk defending PSSF's opinions so strongly? Probably just trolling everybody to get under their skin, he/she/they are a noob to the forum (Actually, I'm kinda surprised John hasn't stepped in and squelched this) Will the Axiom be successful as a $3995 suggested retail PI gold prospecting detector? Two prospecting experts I know believe so. A friend of mine had opportunity to use it as well. He has multiple PI's that he uses for prospecting, (and relic hunting as well) He's buying one. I'm going to say I place more value in their opinions in regards to prospecting detectors than PSSF.

My advice? Ignore the troll -

Rich

Im interested in this detector as well. I just ordered the new Manticore, but I think I need a PI machine also. I remember when the Whites PI machine came out and how it really found lots of gold in the Chesapeake bay old swimming spots, but you dug A TON of trash such as bobby pins with it since it had no discrimination.

I watched a couple of the Garrett videos on it, and am not sure why he was digging so much small iron trash if you can cancel it out. I thin that will really limit it as a beach hunter if you have to dig lots of iron targets. Additionally, I not sure while Garrett did not make it waterproof to 10 feet so it could be used in the water. I would not take a 4k machine into the surf, if one drop ruins it. Equinoxes might leak, but at least it is under warranty.

I do like the test video where the uses basically found a grand worth of gold while shooting the video. I think the small coil will be good to get between rocks also

I heard, but im on the other side of the globe, that the Axiom is out there now in the US.
Any reports and comparisons filtering in yet?

Mono is not DD, not sure if it's a concentric though. No price available yet.
John, here is the long and short of loops. A DD is two windings that overlap; they may be on the same plane, or on two different levels (Fisher DD loops are "biplanar.") A Coplanar has the windings on the same level. A Concentric is a design with a winding within a winding. The Coaxial loop has the windings stacked, and is shielded from 60 cycle interference from the top and nulls on objects and only reads targets from the bottom: this design has a slower response. A Mono is a loop with only one winding. A Pulse can use this design because it shuts on and off many times per second and when it ceases to transmit the same winding acts as a receiver. This is not compatible with a VLF/TR because it transmits and receives continuously.

I heard, but im on the other side of the globe, that the Axiom is out there now in the US.
Any reports and comparisons filtering in yet?
A few were used recently at an organized relic hunt in Northern Virginia on a Civil War site with heavily mineralized ground. I saw a report from one user that founf a 16" dep civil war bullet, and some other relics. No other reports from the other users which eas concerning to me, as my interest for the machine is for Relics. But, Beau, or "Aquachigger" as he is more famously known as, recently posted a video where he hunted a hard hunted civil war camp that he has hunted for years, and was impressed with what the Axiom was able to pull out of that long hunted site. So that relieved some of the doubt that was growing in me about the detector. The first preorders are just now being filled here in the ststes, so give it a couple weeks, then we should begin to get more field reports.

A few were used recently at an organized relic hunt in Northern Virginia on a Civil War site with heavily mineralized ground. I saw a report from one user that founf a 16" dep civil war bullet, and some other relics. No other reports from the other users which eas concerning to me, as my interest for the machine is for Relics. But, Beau, or "Aquachigger" as he is more famously known as, recently posted a video where he hunted a hard hunted civil war camp that he has hunted for years, and was impressed with what the Axiom was able to pull out of that long hunted site. So that relieved some of the doubt that was growing in me about the detector. The first preorders are just now being filled here in the ststes, so give it a couple weeks, then we should begin to get more field reports.
Sounds promising. Thanks.