Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back at the celler hole

michael NY

Yesterday I hiked up to the Colonial celler hole in the middle of woods this sight has given up some relics and gave up a few more. My first dig was the pewter spoon bowl and then an iron chain no picture yet needs to be worked on a bit. Next was the horse shoes this one is cleaned preped the other one is toasty for now. Hot as anything and lots of walking but I can say it was a decent day of detecting. HH Thanks for looking,

Michael

This is the grand total for me I dont think there is a lot left unelss I go there and start sifting again for the square nails. But tonight i finnished up the chain lot of work but but its done i see some amazing details into forging it. Everything here came from this spot the ax head I show to the curiator at a local museum this year he liked it a lot.
The large buckle is iron only brass objects are the bell and small object i think maybe shoe buckle. Now all this stuff has been dug over many years my first finds were the ax and big buckle bell have to go mid 2006.
Someplace I do have a coin its flat I am leaning to Machine Mills Cent from Newburgh NY neat story if you like coins google about it.
Michael

Thank you, to be honest I had access to sand blaster for the axe head and big buckle. Yes the rest was electrosis wire brush. To see the bare metal on the chain like was amazing this stuff is forged by a Colonial blacksmith and to last that long amazing. If you want some tips what and how message me.

Michael