Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back from OBX yesterday............ this was the trip from hell !!!

Felix, I gave it my best shot believe me. A couple of days I was the only knucklehead out on the sand as far as anyone could see !! 30 mph winds seem to discourage people from the sand, ( not sure why tho ) ?? One stretch for around 45 minutes I didn't hear a single peep, not even iron ! I hunted in AM with the nox and the sens set to just about max. It did run flawlessly I must say. All those 50 cal bullets rang in at 28/29 so after the 3-4th one I already knew what to expect.
One time it was so bad at Va. Beach after a hurricane passed through that I could not even find a damn bottle cap with a PI detecrtor!🤣😂
As far as going on the beach when it is windy, I think they stay away due to sand getting in their eyes, and stinging bare skin.. I have encountered that while detecting in high winds..not much fun at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about cleaning/soaking the coin to see what type of ID I might see come to light ??
I like to put them in a baggie with olive oil and penetrating oil. Let them soak a week.
Take them out gently wipe. Leave a little oil on for contrast. Use a flashlight shining across the face of coin. Just mite get a date.

No experience with salt water and what is sticking to the metal.
Inland I heat up Hydrogen Peroxide in a microwave then and add a crusty copper penny.
The Calcium or what ever is on the coin starts to bubble and fizzle. It does not seem to bother the coin.
I repeat if needed until I can read the date.

No experience with salt water and what is sticking to the metal.
Inland I heat up Hydrogen Peroxide in a microwave then and add a crusty copper penny.
The Calcium or what ever is on the coin starts to bubble and fizzle. It does not seem to bother the coin.
I repeat if needed until I can read the date.
Two good responses from Odan and CRI. I did the lemon juice soak for about 24-36 hrs with no success. Just too damm smooth of a copper. I bet it may have been a good one though, but I'll never know.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Mark ( ohio )