Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back from the beach.

bcoop

Spent the last week on the beach with family and friends and detected with 2 buddies for the week. I used my CTX for most of the week except for about 6 hrs that I used my Excalibur.

The CTX ran smooth for the most part on all the wet sand and in the edge of the water at low tide. I ran the CTX in auto plus 3 on most every place on the beach and it ran smooth. A few places I would get just a little bit of noise in the threshold and a little falsing once in awhile but I could back it down to auto or auto plus 1 or 2 to quiet it down. In the surf at low tide when a wave would splash over the coil it would produce a false signal but not a problem and easily identifiable with just a short blip in the headphones.

Here are a couple of pictures of what I found, the bag has some broken pieces of jewelry and junk ear rings, a lighter and a matchbox car and about 14 bucks in change. The watch was 9 scoops deep with my Nuttall scoop and is in great condition and running like it should. Nothing spectacular on the rings, 1 silver and some stainless and tungsten and a junker.

Nice work I found auto + 3 was the way to go at the beach too. I saw sensitivity run from 13 all the way up to 31 a couple time on my CTX. Ran much better for me in auto than in manual.

Jason

My buddy Fred was with me as well, he was swinging your Old E-Trac he purchased from you. He ended up with 3 rings, 1 gold and one silver with a gold inserted accent and a snake ring.

Glad the CTX worked out for you on your beach hunt.

BCOOP

That is awesome glad to here the Etrac is still out there hunting. Was a great detector just was uncomfortable for me to hunt with. Are you liking the CTX better than the Etrac?

I think I do like it better than the E-Trac. Fred ran my CTX for about an hour while I used his E-Trac, it felt like it was pulling on my arm compared to the CTX. I kept my E-Trac and I have an Excalibur as well, I like them all.
I ran my Excalibur for about 6 hrs that week and it has a straight shaft with the controls mounted behind the elbow and the CTX is more comfortable to swing for long periods than both the Excalibur and the E-Trac.

One thing I noticed is the CTX seems a lot more sensitive to small items. I dug some really small items that were 2 or 3 scoops deep that the CTX hit solid and hard. For instance I dug the end of an aluminum rivet that was at least a foot deep, it was just the head of the rivet about 3/16" in diameter.

BCOOP

I will agree on the small stuff. I dug a bunch of tinny stuff on the beach that took a while to locate in the pile of sand. I think I am going to really like the CTX I am excited to have a good ID detector that balances well and is water proof. I am not going to say it is the deepest detector I have used but at the beach it gave good ID on targets deeper than any detector I have used so far.

Jason

I got a few deep coins that were a little off the normal but they were several scoops deep. Target Trace works well, once I got a weird signal and looking at the target trace there was a long horizontal line across the screen and a hot spot on and with penny TID. I pinpointed the penny and pulled out a scoop, there in the hole I could see a penny and the end of a necklace or bracelet, turns out it was a broken ankle bracelet and the end of it was in the hole with the penny and the rest of it was stretch out about 6 inches to the left of it.

BCOOP

What kind of patterns or modes were you both using (etrac & ctx)?

are everywhere... but this what we have at the beaches now, along with the fake ear rings and the like.

Philo_NY