Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back from the Beach

Confetrit

My wife, our daughter and myself made it back today from Tybee Island beach. This was our first actual beach hunt. While we didn't find a lot, we had a great time. My wife and her Garrett Ace 350 about out did me and the Minelab Safari. She found 2 pair of sunglasses, 1 pair was what looked to be a recently new pair of Ray ban Aviator sunglasses in excellent shape. I couldn't believe they weren't damaged. My wife said that they were buried about 6 inches down in the sand. I found a nice ladies pinky ring that matched a bracelet that my wife has. Guess where this ring is now. I found a piece that I have not yet identified. The piece almost looks like a coin inset in some sort of setting. I have this piece soaking now. It was found about 8 inches down in the sand. We found a lot of coins, (none old), a lot of tent stakes, and a couple of pieces of costume jewelry. We both enjoyed beach hunting. It is a lot different from relic hunting in heavy brush and woods, and digging in our lovely red clay here in Georgia.

My wife, our daughter and myself made it back today from Tybee Island beach. This was our first actual beach hunt. While we didn't find a lot, we had a great time. My wife and her Garrett Ace 350 about out did me and the Minelab Safari. She found 2 pair of sunglasses, 1 pair was what looked to be a recently new pair of Ray ban Aviator sunglasses in excellent shape. I couldn't believe they weren't damaged. My wife said that they were buried about 6 inches down in the sand. I found a nice ladies pinky ring that matched a bracelet that my wife has. Guess where this ring is now. I found a piece that I have not yet identified. The piece almost looks like a coin inset in some sort of setting. I have this piece soaking now. It was found about 8 inches down in the sand. We found a lot of coins, (none old), a lot of tent stakes, and a couple of pieces of costume jewelry. We both enjoyed beach hunting. It is a lot different from relic hunting in heavy brush and woods, and digging in our lovely red clay here in Georgia.
Raybans are neat finds and work some coin. Found a brand new pair on a park bench. Love them. Yeah, love our red clay, rocks, roots, snakes, mosquitos, poison ivy and other such stuff when relic hunting. Atlanta.

A good time with the family is worth all the gold in the beach.

Glad you had a great time. For us landlubbers, beach hunting for a few days is a nice change of pace. My clay over on this end of the state isn't red, but is now dry as a bone. HH jim tn
Our red clay here in Georgia is red and hard like concrete during our summer months. Beach hunting was a very nice change and break. No hills, no briars and tanglefoot, no ticks and no shoulders, and very easy digging. This was so nice on the hands and shoulders. My wife is now wanting a beach detector.