Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back from the dead (almost)

Larry (IL)

Nancy and I got in a little detecting last weekend after taking a break for a few years. We can't hunt like we used to but it was nice to be able to do what we did. Heart surgery to correct 5 problems slowed me down quite a bit and just when I was feeling better, I slipped on ice and broke my hip. As Jimmy Buffet said, getting old is not for sissies but we still found a few goodies. Here are my finds. A 1900 0 Barber dime and 4 Wheats from the 50's as well as the usual finds.

Attachments

• 20231003_215916.jpg
    20231003_215916.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 20231003_215926.jpg
    20231003_215926.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 59
Awesome hunt.
Congratulations on finally getting out.
Detecting isn't just about getting rich. LoL
It's the peace and quiet. My favorite relaxed atmosphere.
Though for us youngins.
You know who I'm talking about.
16 on the inside. And older than we thought we'd ever be on the outside. I prefer to Dream.
Good Luck in your adventures ...

Nancy and I got in a little detecting last weekend after taking a break for a few years. We can't hunt like we used to but it was nice to be able to do what we did. Heart surgery to correct 5 problems slowed me down quite a bit and just when I was feeling better, I slipped on ice and broke my hip. As Jimmy Buffet said, getting old is not for sissies but we still found a few goodies. Here are my finds. A 1900 0 Barber dime and 4 Wheats from the 50's as well as the usual finds.
Glad to hear from you again We are in the same boat I have had 13 major surgeries plus now I am due a return for my right shoulder that was replaced in 2017.At 82 forget it plus my heart Dr. told me that my main right AORTA big vein is enlarge being 4 is dangerous and mind is 4.2 I am selling my Nice Simplex with two coils since I cannot get out .take care my friend Life is short. :sadwalk:

We had a wonderful time!
Great finds! Pretty Barber too! Congratulations!!! And it's soooo good to get out and play in the dirt again.

It's good to see you're up and about and enjoying life. Congrats to you and Nancy on a great hunt! Give the Dogs a few pats on the head for me.
Thank you dirt doctor. As for the dogs, we don't want to spoil them. :ROFLMAO: :rofl: