Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back out for another try

Larry (IL)

at the old roller skating rink site. The Barbers are 1892-O and 1908-D, the Indians are 1881 and 1907. I had to add that I was most impressed with the V3i on the last two hunts in particular. Several of the 7 Indians and one of the Barber dimes were at the 10+ inch mark and the rest except the Seated quarter was at the 7 inches or better mark.

[attachment 173069 finds2.jpg]

Good to see your in one of those kind of spots! (Nice even color on those Indians.) Are you having to scrub and wiggle for the deepies?

We were hunting along the Mississippi river in sandy soil where the Coppers don't get that super green patina like they do here in my black soil, the 1872 was the worse of the 7 found there but gee whiz.......it has been in the ground a lot of years. No, I really didn't have to go slow, just my normal swing, about 1 1/2 seconds one way, and the tone was good enough to make me go back and do the wiggle over the target to get a better ID. I still dug a lot of trash because I dig just about everything 5 inches and deeper even though the three frequency pinpoint mode told me a lot and was almost always right. I didn't spend a lot of time trying to ID targets especially in the sandy ground where I can dig a 10 inch deep hole and recover a target in less time than many spend trying to guess what is down there. I get a 100% correct target ID my way........:laugh:

I ran my modified Hi Pro and Stereo Mixed mode programs. Both worked well and gave me the same results as Larry got. Location, location, I could use more sites like this one. A good time was had. Rob

Definitely a great hunt, Larry. Congrats!!

Very nice Larry. I am going to have to make a trip sometime and come over there and hunt with you and Rob. It seems like you guys have such good spots to hunt and have a great time doing it.
Let me ask you both, Are you liking the i version better? Today is really the first time I really got to use my new one and it does seem to be more stable and less noise than my V3. As far as depth, I still have to do some testing on that one.

I'm like you Magic, more stable and quiet but I don't think it goes any deeper.