Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back out with the G2

Ray(Ca)

Took the G2 out today and I put the 11 inch coil back on (I still prefer the 5x10). The G2 is such a joy to use! Picked up a merc and 7 wheat's today, I also found several pieces of jewelry/relics and a cool looking marble (while digging a target). I found that the 11 inch coil likes bottle caps a little more than the 5X10. If you lift the coil off the ground a bit I found that bottle caps start to sound a little funky. They break up and the VDI numbers start to get a larger spread. The more I use this machine the more I like it. I hit some fairly deep copper penny's and dimes today in the 6-8 inch zone. The stock coil (11 inch) seems to have about an 1 to 1 1/2 depth advantage over the 5X10 coil in my soil here in California but the 5X10 has better separation in high trash. I just can't stop using the G2!

HH,
Ray

That's great Ray, I love to see silver come out. And you are right on target with the 11 inch coil. Great finds there sir!!!!

Awesome, Ray! Another trick for rusty iron bottle caps...when you hit one you think is either a quarter or bottle cap, start sweeping your coil back and forth in choppy short sweeps, pulling the coil back toward you until the target sits at the front tip of the coil; at that point, you should start getting cruddy/iron tones mixed in. That "tip of the coil" giveaway on rusty steel caps really helps me...

Steve

Thanks Ray...there is such limited user info on the 5x10 coil. Especially in high mineralized soil. I use the heel of the 11" coil and sweep the suspected BC. The heel edge of the coil directly over the target or 1" past the heel edge. BC's break up big time with big variances in the ID numbers. Also use the raise coil method. Using both techniques really ferrets out almost all BC's. Except for flattened Bud Light bottlecaps. I hate those.

I use that same heel technique when I can. Sometimes if there is a lot of trash near the target you cannot use the heel trick and you have to raise the coil. If that doesn't work then my next trick is to dig the target (this trick always works!). The audio also has a certain sound or voice to it when you swing over a bottle cap with the 11 inch coil. It's a bit louder and harsher type signal than a quarter. The 5X10 on the other hand seems to be a bit better with bottle caps and they don't seem to hit the same way a quarter does. The Corona beer caps are the hardest ones here in Cali to I.D. with a DD coil.

Ray

Just picked a 5x10 up too Ray. Haven't used mine yet, but you've given me the bug to try it first day I get get a chance to go out.