Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to a 705.....anybody else done the same?

Smithfire

Hi Guys

After 3 years of using other detectors, I couldn't resist picking up a good condition 705. I used to run a X-terra 70 and loved it, had some great results over here in the UK, but was tempted away by other flashier models (but always missed the simplicity and confidence that the X-terra inspired!)

Are there other users on this forum to which this is a familiar story?

Clive

I have had my 705 for about two months now and have not picked up any of my other detectors until yesterday, i thought i would go back to the best machine i had before the X, it didn't take me long to realize that i wasn't as good as i remembered, i quickly went back to the X you really don't appreciate the 705 until you put it up against other units, its so stable you can really see a difference. Other units have their place and their good points but for all around performance the 705 is tops.

Gotta agree with you there. I think the stability is one of the best things about the xterra's. And the light weight. And the sensitivity. And the three frequencies. And the......

Clive, I have to xt70, is it worth the upgrade to 705?

Thanks

UT

I tried going from my 70 to a 705 and my 70 could get just a little deeper and separated just a little better. BUT and I mean a big BUT, I'm seeing some variation in individual machines, regardless of manufacturer. Best thing is to get the 705 without selling your 70 and then run head-to-head comparisons and then keep the better machine and sell off the other. There are definitely some really nice features added to the 705, but to me bells and whistles come second to raw ability (depth and separation).

Don't forget that here in the UK the 705 comes with a 10.5in DD coil and I think that the 70 came with a 9in Concentric coil which would be better on separation but not on depth so both machines will have to be tested with the same coil and Minelab because of illegal coils made in the Ukraine decided to make it impossible to use an old coil on a new machine . but the new coils will work on an older machine as I have tried that.
So when testing take that into consideration or you may sell the 705 thinking its not as good , but in reality they are the same in almost all respects.

I can only say that the 70 and 705 are very good machines , they have there hang ups like all others but they are very good when set up right and used in the right locations .

I use mine on shingle beaches hunting for modern coinage and the type has paid for itself many times over in the last 3 and a half years.

I had a 705 and upgraded to the Etrac and then the Deus. I haven't found anything with any of the other machines that I have owned since the 705 that I don't believe I could have found with the 705. I am really tired of the detector merry go round. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and the weight of detectors other than the Deus have been a factor of why I didn't like them. I have owned more than one Deus but just never really bonded with it. I am expecting my new 705 and coils on Tuesday and can't wait.