Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the Boys Club athletic field "AGAIN" More silver!

mike - in

The silver is starting to pile up! Five more silver dimes tonight along with 5 more Boys Club tokens and 8 Wheat cents. On a side note, I've been finding good targets all along since getting the Etrac but not quite what I expected and I've chased many iron targets and some of you here on the forum have said that it takes many hours till things really start to make sense. Well, hunting this field has really made a difference and within the last couple of hunts everything has just "clicked" finally especially with the silver! There is an unmistakable sound when you hit silver that raises the old blood pressure. Thanks to everyone for all the tips! Mike

You're right Mike. The door is opening a little further on that silver "feeling" for me also. I'm at the point where I almost sure its a silver coin, especially when its a dime. I am fairly confident on the wheats and memorials also. I've yet to find a silver quarter. My problem is, where I've found the majority of my good coins, the coins are not deep at all. I found the IH at 6", and maybe 3-5" on the dimes. I did hunt one other place that the Merc. was 6-7". They hit solid. BUUUUT! I'm still trying to figure out those iffy's and so far they've all turned out to be a bust. I guess this is the learning curve everyone talks about.

Regards,

NebTrac

I know what you mean about chasing the "iffy" signals. I've gone for hundreds of them with hardly any good finds. What I'm finding is that with the Etrac there really are few iffy signals. It hits good on really deep targets. I've had trouble in the past getting the sensitivity up without falsing but lately after the "click" happened it's really bazaar because now I hunt in manual 30 even in the trashy areas and have been killing the silver! Half of this Boys Club field is so trashy you can't get a threshold signal but I'm still picking coins out of the mess. I love this machine! Mike