Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the grassy strip then took another one off my bucket list

JimmyCT

I didn't have much time to hunt but stopped by my grassy strip for an hour and a half. I kept all my favorite settings on my Equinox 800 and the only thing that I changed: sweep angle and moved ultra-slow ( barely moving the coil) through the iron junk fest. So for those that don't believe you can't find anything moving ultra-slow with the Equinox, here is proof you can. I have recovered more coins moving at a slow (or ultra-slow) coil speed coupled with a slow(er) recovery speed of 4, then any other setting(s). That is not to say other settings do not work, what I am saying, " I found my perfect settings for my hunting situations"

The signal: broken signal and TID was jumping from 21 - 23. Depsite the iron grunts and negative TID numbers, a rising tone kept on appearing. I performed little baby sweep movements right over this rising tone. I was able to keep that tone relatively steady and didn't drop out on me. = Time to investigate this target!! An 1875 Seated Quarter!! (my first ever seated quarter) and a 1900 "V" nickel in the same hole!

Detector: Minelab Equinox 800
Settings:
park1 - Multi
sensitivity - 23
50 tones
left GB at 0
Recovery - 4
F2-0
ULTRA SLOW COIL SPEED

Attachments

• IMG_2136 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2136 - Copy.JPG
    756.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2140 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2140 - Copy.JPG
    803 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2144 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2144 - Copy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 144
very true.

Depends on the machine and settings. Some detectors have better depth AND/OR recovery with a faster sweep. FT machines come to mind.

I have to try your slow detect, cuz i know most just swing that coil fast thru the iron , great find , Also it looks like the coins coming out of that spot had been getting run over with some compreasion , I have to wonder if it was an old road or drivway, with wagon wheels or model ts running over the coins

Interesting thought Gunnar... this roadway is one of the oldest in town.
Give it a “go” and Move your coil real slow in the junk

I have to try your slow detect, cuz i know most just swing that coil fast thru the iron , great find , Also it looks like the coins coming out of that spot had been getting run over with some compreasion , I have to wonder if it was an old road or drivway, with wagon wheels or model ts running over the coins

Great finds never enough of those seated to be found!
mark