Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the old grove

AJ in PA

Hi All,
I was able to get back to a wooded area I had hunted last year and saw an opportunity to scan a section that had been mashed down by all the recent heavy snow.
It was a beautiful day today with temps close to 70. My totals for the day were the 2 Barbers, 3/4 of an Indian with no date and 9 wheaties mostly in the 1920's
Here's a tip for all: look around where you've hunted and see if the heavy snows of this past winter have changed anything or created new opportunities, it might just pay off :thumbup:
Happy Hunting.

That is one of the most stunning Barbers I've ever seen! Congratulations on the finds and thanks for the pictures. I'm glad you got out!

NebTrac

that's a beaut...!!!! I wouldn't even recognise one unless it was a smoothie....!

I got out today for 4 hrs...... 1 wheatie and some clad is all.......maybe next time

WOW!! That Barber is in fantastic condition!!!
Congrat's!

Dale
PS: I wonder why it looks like there are no vertical lines on the shield on the reverse side of the coin? The horizontal lines are plainly there...........

That Barber quarter looks as if it were lost the day it was minted. Great find!!!

literally.....wow. wow wow wow.....that Barber is amazing. nice coins like that are the ones i usually gouge with my digger.

beautiful find.

Moonshine,
The signal I got on the Barber quarter was 11-48 @ 6 inches. I think Indiana Jones would have been impressed by the way I carefully
Went down an inch at a time ever so slowly and used my ProPointer. What a beautiful sight to see in the dirt! SO GLAD I DIDN'T SCRATCH IT.

11-48 @ 6 inches.

i think id have a heart attack right there too!

looks like a mint worker took it outside and dropped it, fresh off the presses. :detecting: it couldnt have circulated but for a week or two before it was dropped. man you are so lucky! that is very valuable right there just based on condition. easily a few hundred. you did a good job of rinsing it off. it has nice color, still lustrous, virtually no wear.