Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the old homestead foundation tonight.

This is the place with all the iron in the ground and thousands of bottle caps and where I found the Washington half penny. Went detecting tonight for 2 1/2 hours with a friend of mine who owns a DFX. He would like to get a CTX but can't afford it right now. He just bought my Excalibur from me and he has his divers ticket so I am sure it will do him better service than me.
Anyway, I followed behind him tonight. I went real slow. He covered 4 times as much ground as me. He found 2 Jefferson nickels and 2 modern pennies. I ended up with 10 pennies (one wheat), one 1961 Cdn 'square' nickel, a 1962 silver quarter, 1920 Merc dime and 1883 Seated Liberty!:yikes:
This CTX machine was built with this type of site in mind.
Myself and every guy who owns a detector within 30 miles have hit this site for years.
I am learning the machine more and more each time I take it out. I only wish I could go out for a full day with this thing!
My wife says she is changing her name to CTX so I take her out as often.:cheekkiss:
HH
MM

lol congrats on the finds my ctx 3030 will be here Wednesday cant wait i cant believe my wife said ok to getting one i already have an etrac looks like i picked me a winner oh yeah and my wife to

Congrats on another fine hunt. Silver is good. Seated silver is awesome! Great finds.

minelab marcus said:
This CTX machine was built with this type of site in mind.
Myself and every guy who owns a detector within 30 miles have hit this site for years.
I am learning the machine more and more each time I take it out.

I agree the CTX 3030 will leave the others in the dust, at sites like that. But even in "normal" conditions, you're going to be hard pressed to find one better. And I also agree that the more you use it, the more you'll learn. Now you know why this detector has had me so excited! HH Randy

Wow, that is a pretty great story & hunt you have there. The DFX is no slouch. On another forum the CTX has actually been bettering the Deus in tests as well. The shocking thing is they were planted targets which FBS doesn't usually do well on (and not super deep).

Albert