Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the park-assorted finds

kschae4

All items except large brass item on top are from the county park where I'm donating the artifacts to their small musuem. Best coin find so far is a worn 1907 Barber dime. Also found my first crotal bell which has three horseshoe imprints on both sides. Broken pin doesn't have any silver markings or hallmarks and may just be pewter or lead, though it did get me excited. Stats: low density,auto sensivity, relic mode. Thanks for viewing.

Ken, a few unusual finds in a park. Park maybe not that old, possibly was farmland in the past. I like the dime and the crotal bell. And that sure is one tiny watch. A few days ago I dug up a 1917 Walker Half dollar (the last one I dug was about 30 years ago), an 1876 Seated dime, and a badly corroded NJ copper in a corn field in Millstone, on the West side of town. Plus a few modern coins and 2 musket balls. Coins there are few and far between, might go back, could be more silver there but I think it was well searched before. Yesterday I searched another cornfield on the south side of Millstone. Corn was harvested but the stalks are 18 inches high, was tough searching, dug only 3 small brass relics, no coins of any kind. But 2 years ago I dug a King George penny there, that's why I tried it again. Gotta be more coins there but is a very large area to cover. Hope the weather holds up, still wanna do a little more searching this year. HH, Dave

Dave, that's right. It was farmland until the early 80s when they built a community center and then added walking trails, dog run,roller rink and across the road,both softball and soccer fields.The corn stubble was alot shorter at several inches than you've recently fought through. Still, it was no picnic with many false sounds from the constant coil banging. I may need to meet you up there for a hunt one of these weekends and try to sniff out a KG, too. HH.

Ken, King Georges can be found in that whole area but when you are swinging a coil they seem to be miles apart.
As luck would have it, I found the 2 silvers my first time at that particular crop field, on my second visit no silver but did find the NJ copper. The KG was found on the south side of the town in the woods. If Millstone didn't have all those new houses on the south side I think the place would be a treasure hunters dream because the town is pre-revolutionary war, many American and British troops were there. The west side crop fields are owned by the town and are leased to a farmer (Mr. Yablonski, my name is Jablonski, not related) for $1 per year, so they are public property and the mayor said OK to search there, but not on the south side of the new section of Amwell Rd because it is designated historic. Will I go back? Only if I need to until I sniff out a more productiver place. HH, Dave

two days ago for a little while. Found only a musket ball in the crop area, plus junk. Went into a very tiny patch of woods there and dug a worn 1916 Barber Quarter. Had the 10" coil, might go back in that woods with the 6" coil. I park my car in the small public parking lot at the crossroads of Millstone River Rd and Amwell Rd, walk across Amwell, go behind the empty Bank building, up the embankment and into one of the four cropfields, all owned by the town and farmed by Mr. Yablonski. The field closest to the Bank produced no coins, was there about 5 times,I think it was well searched many years ago. But the other three fields produced several King George pennies, the 1876 Seated Dime, a beautiful condition 1906 Barber Half, 1917 Walker, 1916 Barber Qtr., NJ Colonial Penny. The King Georges and the NJ penny are all 1700's coins, so crop fields are old enough. Stuff is there but the search area is big. HH, Dave