Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the relic field

Larry (IL)

I thought maybe I could get a little hunt in after work before the rain came today. I hunted in a mist most of the time not knowing when the heavy rain was going to start. Well, it started pouring at 4:30 but by then I had a couple of hours in and the goodies to call it a nice hunt. The usual Civil War relics and a couple of surprises. The 1917 half wasn't too deep, four inches but was covered in dirt like and oldie..... I was hoping it would fall into the Civil War era.. wasn't to be. Neither was the 1877 well worn Seated quarter but still....... I was a happy hunter. Does anyone else see the skull with a hole in his head in the chewed ,69 cal. Minnie? It really stands out with side lighting, I will try to play with it some. I am really pleased with the rivets, they still have the canvas or leather still in them.

[attachment 217817 a1.jpg][attachment 217818 a4.jpg][attachment 217819 a3.jpg][attachment 217820 a2.jpg]

n/t

Beautiful Silver Larry, congrats.

I took better pictures of the chewed .69 cal. I have found a lot of chewed bullets at this location because there were three Civil War hospitals there.

[attachment 217858 skull.jpg][attachment 217859 skull1.jpg]

Schultzie,I think if that bullet could talk it would say "I'm glad that guy got his leg sawed off with a dull blade because he made me deaf and sore from all of that screaming and biting!

Seriously, that stuff needs to be in a museum... Wow!