Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the woods and fields!

After a long summer of ring detecting at the beach with my Exalibur 1000, I finally made it back to dry land today. The first thing I dug was the Barber dime. It was only about 6 inches down but did not ring out so clearly. I adjusted the filters a bit, lowering to 5 Hz Hi Band, and that seemed to help a bit. Also lowering the RX seemed to clear it up a little bit as well ...I think it is just tough soil. A few feet away was the Indian Head.

I also dug a terret and the plated ring, which was marked "18". Based on the engraving, I would have to place it in the same time frame as the two coins. I have dug rings in 5 of my last outings! A few were gold, one was silver and the rest were crap.

That's a nice "welcome back" hunt! I'll take those results anyday.

Welcome back Neil, how did you do in the water?

Like those barber and Indian:thumbup: and for the gold that was a pay day:twodetecting::clapping:

I forgot that when I dug the Barber, there was another filled hole right next to it. Someone either did not get there target or there were once two coins, Always re-check your holes before filling them!

Congrats on that check Neil. Gold is really high but I never would have guessed two rings would fetch so much, but an ounce is an awfully small amount of gold and the spot price is over $1600 and ounce! Unbelievable.

I have dug a few silver rings that hit like small coins but where did the gold rings hit at VDI wise?

Thx,
EMS

earthmansurfer the gold ring I got 2week ago came up 48 on my v3i in the hi-pro program. it weight was 4.2 penny weight.

earthmansurfer said:
where did the gold rings hit at VDI wise?

Thx,
EMS

Since I was not using the V3i, I am not sure where the 18K ring hit. I air tested the 14K ring with the V3i and it was around a 52 if I remember correctly.