Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back too the Truck???

mickfin

I hear it all the time and iv dun it??? Its a Mystery???? At the End of a Hunt i find Good targets wen i know the Hunts comeing too a End???
Are first wen you Start a Hunt??? Is it Cozz wear Concentrating more??? mickfin

This happens alot. I believe the reason is you are approaching these targets from a completely diffiert direction than you have been hunting all day. Always try differrect directions. Locate North, then South,etc.

It really helps.

Carver

I discovered what I thought would be a great spot a few years back. I detected for two hours and only found one clad dime and two zincolns. I was walking back, only 10 feet away from my Jeep and I got another dime signal at 2.5 inches. "One more for the jar" I said to myself. Out popped this beauty! I have found so much at the site since that time. Everything from Large Cents to King George to Corolus III reales! I was less than a minute from writing the spot off!

100_0113a.jpg

I can agree that these targets from walking back to the vehicle can be from coming from another direction like carver said, or in my case, swinging the coil over an area that I wouldn't normally care to detect, but do, just because it is on the way. I do believe most of us have that "one more hit" mentality, and focus and slow down right near the end to help achieve that last hit.

It is weird, happened to me yesterday in a spot I thought I had worked out,it was a beaming clear signal @6 inches...strange

If I remember correctly the 1652 Pine Tree shilling found up in CT was found in a similar way. She had thought she turn the detector off and place it down when reaching the car, it beeped. She dug it later telling her husband about the find,both had no clue to what she found.
BCNJ