Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Backpacks

Fishnmaine

How many of you guys use backpacks will detecting? I never did but there were times i would like to carry an extra coil with me. But It would suck in the summer im sure

I have a custom backpack for my Deus 1. I like taking it with me when hiking to a remote location.
I wouldn't wear it while detecting, but it is great for having all my supplies nearby including TP. food, and water.

How many of you guys use backpacks will detecting? I never did but there were times i would like to carry an extra coil with me. But It would suck in the summer im sure
Hello. I do. Using a Jäger-Rucksack. Holds all my stuff (the beach-scoop fits also), except the detector.

beachseason.jpg

I used to use a backpack to carry gear hiking in gold prospecting. Carried a breakdown sluice, pans etc. and extra coil and of course TP, chow and drinks.
Sometimes when it was pretty full I carried the coil via clipping it to a carabiner to the outside of the pack - if it was an open spider coil. If not, a velcro pouch then attach the pouch to the pack. My back-packs were mostly general packs from the sporting stores with the exception of one had metal frame where I took the pack off the frame and would bungee 5-gallon buckets and my prospecting gear within, including the Keene sluice, but the frame had a sort of fold down/out bar at the bottom to place the buckets on, sort of like a pack they use for hunting to carry game out.
For shorter hikes not carrying much gear and if I took a small coil in addition to the one mounted on the detector I had a couple leg pouches (strap around the waist and a strap around the leg) and could slip a small coil into the main pouch. The leg pouch also works well for me local detecting tot lots, parks etc. One of my leg pouches came with a clip-on water bottle holder. There are various leg pouches, just like backpacks. Worked well enough fishing a pond after work as I only needed a few things for fishing.

On the beach I carry a cheap recycled (kids school pack since everyone thinks they need a new one every school year). Carry a bottle of water, $20 bill (there is a great bar at the very end of the beach that serves a good Rum & Coke and Sub Sandwich) :hot:Real good after the hour + walk... Prim use of the backpack is to pick up the beach trash and cans I manage to dig up until I get to a trashcan.

I have one it’s a osprey bought it used at a pawn shop paid like $20.00 for it works great on those hike into spots like today a river spot loaded with silver carried my Manticore in with it