Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bad charger or AC adapter issue Batteries won't charge

thecolonists

Has anyone had any issues with a brand new charger or AC adapter that won't charge the batteries?
When I plug the adapter into the outlet the red charge light only stays on for one second, then goes out.
Then, when I pull out the adapter from the wall, the red light goes on and then both lights shut off.

When you plug in the charging unit the green ON light should come on. When the pack is inserted the RED charging light should come on. No I haven't had any problems with the chargers, I have 3. Sounds like you need to send it back if I am reading your description correctly. Bummer. Rob

mine will often go from charge, red lite on, as soon as I put the battery pak in, to charged ,green lite only, after about 5-30 seconds . If I lift the battery and
almost drop it in the charger the second time it stays charging both lites on until charged maybe 1 to 2 hrs.

I would call service and explain your problem, they just might get another one right off to you, in fact I would be surprised if they didn't......:thumbup:

Mine has been very inconsistent. Sometimes charging correctly and other times not doing a complete charge. It's pretty irritating, at times. So I just monitor it and if it doesn't seem to be staying on long enough I just take the pack out and put it back in. To restart the charge cycle. I suppose I should call Whites, and do something more about it, but I've been to busy to do it.

I called White's and explained the problem. They are sending out a new AC adapter and charging base at no charge (that;s a pun)!

thecolonists said:
Has anyone had any issues with a brand new charger or AC adapter that won't charge the batteries?
When I plug the adapter into the outlet the red charge light only stays on for one second, then goes out.
Then, when I pull out the adapter from the wall, the red light goes on and then both lights shut off.

I have the same problem. I sent my charger back and received a new one but it did the same thing. This time I am going to send the charger and battery pack back. It may be the battery pack is bad instead of the charger ?. When my battery gets low I put it on the charger and the red light comes on for a split second and its takes 3 to 4 days to charge. Give Whites a call they will correct the problem. HH Chappy