Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bad Dealers

Gee, I wonder what the bad dealer would do if you wrote a check that bounced? You had funds to cover the check when written but somehow the bank rejected it. Lets see….. product purchased, faulty check, bank made the mistake…… well you get the idea of where I’m going.
BBB maintains a record of complaints as does your State Attorney General. Its not a criminal action (proof beyond a reasonable doubt) its a civil action (preponderance of the evidence indicates more likely than not). As long as you have taken reasonable actions to mitigate the situation then you have a much better standing in court actions if he fails to respond appropriately and that record stays in the owners name forever.
My 2 cents.

Gee, I wonder what the bad dealer would do if you wrote a check that bounced? You had funds to cover the check when written but somehow the bank rejected it. Lets see….. product purchased, faulty check, bank made the mistake…… well you get the idea of where I’m going.
BBB maintains a record of complaints as does your State Attorney General. Its not a criminal action (proof beyond a reasonable doubt) its a civil action (preponderance of the evidence indicates more likely than not). As long as you have taken reasonable actions to mitigate the situation then you have a much better standing in court actions if he fails to respond appropriately and that record stays in the owners name forever.
My 2 cents.
Ironically Ive only went the BBB route one other time and that was over a $60 item a service person stole from my residence. Had it on video, didn’t want to call the police over it so I tried contacting the owner. The manager kept intercepting the calls and refused to do anything about it saying it was not true what i was saying. I really didn’t want to make a criminal case over it so I reported to the BBB. They responded with its not true and if I don’t remove the complaint they will call the police on me lol.
Well if you really want to make it a criminal case and get arrested then by all means call them.
It still remains on their record.
I don’t know why but i am still amazed at the brazenness of these people.
This one is no exception

If we as forum members have been burned by a dealer, and we can prove it, can we post a heads up on the forum to alert others ?….If not, why not ?
Might try sending a message straight to one of the Mods on the forum ,, that would probably be best . Just my opinion .
Have you heard anything back from the site owner or admin team?

Have you heard anything back from the site owner or admin team?
Have not even contacted them regarding this. Don’t really see how they have anything to do with it or even do something about it.
Be like contacting the yellow pages or Google and say one of the businesses that advertise burned me. What do you think they would say? Lets be real even world terrorists have social media accounts and aren’t penalized. What would be the end goal by doing so ?
Having them banned from the internet?
Getting taken down off of sites which also include Facebook, Google, etc doesn’t seem realistic. Warning others on the other hand on the sites is more realistic.

I’ve had items come to me busted up because they were not packaged well…..I then had to deal with the shipping company…Nobody wants to take responsibility for anything, even when you can prove your case….You just have to continue on with whatever avenues that you have at your disposal….When I had a problem with a BIG selling outfit that EVERYBODY uses, all I heard from people was “I never had any problems at all with - - - -“ ….. and until they do, they will never know what you are going through…Sorry for your issue….Wish I could do something to help….I will avoid them like the plague, and will spread the word out of common decency…

I’ve had items come to me busted up because they were not packaged well…..I then had to deal with the shipping company…Nobody wants to take responsibility for anything, even when you can prove your case….You just have to continue on with whatever avenues that you have at your disposal….When I had a problem with a BIG selling outfit that EVERYBODY uses, all I heard from people was “I never had any problems at all with - - - -“ ….. and until they do, they will never know what you are going through…Sorry for your issue….Wish I could do something to help….I will avoid them like the plague, and will spread the word out of common decency…
Sounds like we had a similar experience.
Hmmm.
Problem most everywhere now nobody
wants to own or take responsibility for anything unless it’s good.
Problem? Sorry not my fault, nothing i can do, don’t want to hear about it.
Good ? That was me, please leave a review, glad I could help.
You have to own the bad with the good otherwise your fake.
Can’t forget though that the manufacturer was extremely caring which is rare to find nowadays

Sounds like we had a similar experience.
Hmmm.
Problem most everywhere now nobody
wants to own or take responsibility for anything unless it’s good.
Problem? Sorry not my fault, nothing i can do, don’t want to hear about it.
Good ? That was me, please leave a review, glad I could help.
You have to own the bad with the good otherwise your fake.
Can’t forget though that the manufacturer was extremely caring which is rare to find nowadays
Manufacturers have longevity in business, so they will generally give you a fair shake….Dealers come and go, and some even work out of a garage !!….

Well at least you got your money back i didn’t ask for money back just another one that wasn’t totally damaged beyond use when I received it.
I got a sorry to here that nothing i can do about it “ I’m just a small business”
Small business?
You have a brick and mortar store in one state, warehouse in another and advertise all over the internet.
Not big like Nike or Walmart but big in your industry.
Maybe should delete the “ best customer service in the industry “ off the website
To me< if you are going to do any type business, you owe the buyer the respect you want for your business and do what ever is appropriate to fix the problem. Just good business. I have always taken the position if I sell someone something, I guarantee it to be as I say. My reputation is never for sale. I honor my commitments even if I incur a loss. I still have my reputation.

To me< if you are going to do any type business, you owe the buyer the respect you want for your business and do what ever is appropriate to fix the problem. Just good business. I have always taken the position if I sell someone something, I guarantee it to be as I say. My reputation is never for sale. I honor my commitments even if I incur a loss. I still have my reputation.
That’s the way it should be.
This particular dealer has a reputation but unfortunately its not good.
Seems I’m not the only one who has had issues

Its sad when a company or individual grows to the extent, they no longer feel they owe anything to the buyer. I have two sellers that I constantly purchase from, because I would rather support them in their business than give my money to the "big guy" that may or may not support me. Give the small dealer a chance, he's there to help you after the purchase too. I recently signed up on his list for an upcoming machine, and he didn't charge me with running my credit card before the item is in his hands and ready to ship like the big guys are doing. Hey, these small dealers are competing against the big guys every day but give much better service than they do. If I am looking for a machine or accessory, I always look on the forums first, giving one of us a chance to do business. Do we really need the "big guy"? Happy hunting!!!

Its sad when a company or individual grows to the extent, they no longer feel they owe anything to the buyer. I have two sellers that I constantly purchase from, because I would rather support them in their business than give my money to the "big guy" that may or may not support me. Give the small dealer a chance, he's there to help you after the purchase too. I recently signed up on his list for an upcoming machine, and he didn't charge me with running my credit card before the item is in his hands and ready to ship like the big guys are doing. Hey, these small dealers are competing against the big guys every day but give much better service than they do. If I am looking for a machine or accessory, I always look on the forums first, giving one of us a chance to do business. Do we really need the "big guy"? Happy hunting!!!
Has seem to become a trend in this industry that the bigger you become the less you care about the customer. Not always the case but often enough.
Companies don’t always start out big but through doing good things they grow and become very successful. Nothing wrong with that. If you were supporting a small mom and pop shop for years and they became very successful and grew would you stop buying from them and find a new small business to buy from?
On the other hand if they no longer did good things like they did then probably the best thing to do.
This “Big” dealer was small at one time and its appearing they probably had bad business practices all along.
Unfortunately there are those that keep getting away with things but usually catches up at some point. This “ Big “ dealer should be called out. Doesn’t mean it would necessarily change them as a person but at least help others from getting burned.