Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ballfield Finds

Bill W.

I went to a new site yesterday. A ballfield that dates back to the 1920's. I found it through some research and is about 30 miles away. When I got there I soon found out it has been detected pretty well before. There wasn't many good targets under 8 inches. I used the 10.5 for the first hour just wandering around trying to find a hot spot. I ended up walking back to the truck and grabbing my WOT. Down the third base line towards the outfield I started getting some deep hits. You had to go really slow. I ended up with 10 wheaties, 1 IH (no date), 42 Merc, 1900 V Nickel and 34 quarter. Two wheaties were less than 7 inches. All of the rest of the coins were in the 8.5 to 11 inches range. The quarter came from right around 11 inches. I got cut short on the hunt because the kids needed the field for baseball practice... :( Thanks for looking!

-Bill

It is a lot of fun when you find a spot that is close to home that still yeilds the Old Coins that we seek. Looks like a return trip will have to be made in the very near future. Good Luck and HH.:detecting:

Thanks James! Yes, it's fairly close to home. Only problem right now is baseball practice and games... :( I can only hunt on the weekends too. I did alot of zigzaging the first hour or so. But, I didn't cover alot of ground once I started getting deep hits... ;)

-Bill

n/t

So do you think your stock coil would have found those? Did you hit that strip with the stock coil.. or only with the WOT? I've been thinking about picking one up.

Thanks!
DB

No, I don't think the stock would have found them... just judging from the quality of the signal. But, I honestly don't know with only hunting the site once. Most of the sites I've hunted I have an idea of which size coil is 'best' without trash in the way. I've passed up crappy signals with both coils only to dig it with the other coil. There are places I go that the smaller coil (and visa-versa) does better due to mineralization not trash levels. Just my observations.

-Bill