Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Barber and V nickle in the same hole make for an interesting signal

osgood

Got lucky again. At the area where I got the seated liberty quarter late last season, today got this strange signal. Almost didnt dig, sounding like a beavertail, and then a beer ring, high id like silver but then that at times, that fluctuating is this a nickle or a beer ring thing number? I think i left it in the ground last time. The deciding factor was the higher sound, screaming at me, "dig". I did and chipping loose some ice crystals get this barber -1905O and the V nickle 1907. Gotta keep learning to decipher these things. I think in the past I might not have focused enough on the implication of the two signals and once thing. Good Hunts All, CO

Very cool finds!:clapping: Ice crystals? Possibly movement from the frozen ground presented them just a little different this time. Just a thought.:thumbup:

Excellent! :clapping: I think theres some multidenom spills out there that have seen a coil, but not been dug yet on account of the signal you described...Good Work!
Mud

Very nice finds - congrats !

mudpuppy said:
Excellent! :clapping: I think theres some multidenom spills out there that have seen a coil, but not been dug yet on account of the signal you described...Good Work!
Mud
First off ...great find!!!!! Had the exact same thing happen to me about 3 days ago. I'm learning the Etrac and was hunting and got a choppy signal that bounced between zinc penny and dime #'s but was consistant, not too deep and just enough of the dime range to investigate. I dug and find a dime with a penny stuck together, penny on top of the dime. THAT really impressed me about the Etrac....

Yeah, good find! :thumbup: and good work!
When the signals, I act on the target from different angles and try to isolate the signals are mixed. Gives good results.
pathway