Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Barber Half

ukfan99

1st time out trying 4KHZ. Went to a spot I have have found roughly 40-50 Wheaties, most early part of 1900’s. Wheaties have been pretty deep. 8 inches. Just haven’t been able to pull any silver. Today got this Barber half at 12 inches. No VDI. Nice high tone though. Mostly one way. View attachment 6322View attachment 6322
7D8B0FB1-7A53-4738-86F6-5737BA92CF94.jpeg

Attachments

• 0743B1D9-60F9-4506-80D6-81DC487FD0CB.jpeg
    0743B1D9-60F9-4506-80D6-81DC487FD0CB.jpeg
    264.3 KB · Views: 171
Congrats!!!! Your attachments didn't work couldn't see them. Do you have a front shot of coin?

Mike

Very nice.. I will have to revisit some spots. I have passed on some higher pitches with no VDI. That was before I read your post. I did use the 4khz after I first updated and found 2 colonial flat buttons in an area I where I had been swinging in multi. So was it luck or just the 4khz ? I have been teaching myself how to cherry pick amongst the iron. Great job on recovering that Barber , one of my bucket listers. HH

Very nice.. I will have to revisit some spots. I have passed on some higher pitches with no VDI. That was before I read your post. I did use the 4khz after I first updated and found 2 colonial flat buttons in an area I where I had been swinging in multi. So was it luck or just the 4khz ? I have been teaching myself how to cherry pick amongst the iron. Great job on recovering that Barber , one of my bucket listers. HH
Probably luck and the 4KHZ. Wish I would have checked the signal with multi freq. to compare.

Ukfan99, nice find.
No VDI is interesting. I got one the other day and passed it up. Next time I’ll dig it.
Thanks,
Tony

Mostly one way but it repeated right? I posted a video a couple years ago about targets with audio and no target id, you are at the edge of detecting depth my friend, well done! I love to hunt in the UK as well, dang Covid.
HH Jeff

Real nice score on the half I got one this spring in a spot I’ve done very well with my Nox got two big 14k rings to my half was a 1894 S
Matk

Mostly one way but it repeated right? I posted a video a couple years ago about targets with audio and no target id, you are at the edge of detecting depth my friend, well done! I love to hunt in the UK as well, dang Covid.
HH Jeff
Yeah, it repeated with every swing one way. Was broken but loud and clear.

Just to add, in 4 KHZ I had some old pulltabs read 40 VDI with high pitch. Switched to multi and they lowered in tone and number significantly. I even had a couple very small pieces of Foil ring in the mid 20’s in 4KHZ. Rechecking Signals In multi seems like it will help to distinguish silver from trash. For awhile though I’m gonna dit it all to get a better feel for 4KHZ