Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Barber quarter and some first's for me!

Had a very good day today. My two detecting buddies and I have been hitting this park for some weeks now. Got my walking liberty half at the same park awhile back. Second or third dig and I get a rosie at about 5 or 6 inches. Put the plug back and recheck with my coil and still get a nice tone and number. Pop out the plug and the first rosie has a brother with him. Been awhile since I found two silver in the same hole. A little while later I get one of those iffy hits out of a null (using Andy's coin program). The tone stops me in my tracks. I worked the stock coil around until I got a repeatable tone but the first numbers weren't even in the teens. The second numbers are bouncing too but I'm getting 46, 47 from time to time and the tone is pretty good. This target is also between 5" and 6" deep but it's close to trash so I'm hoping for something good. Get my probe into the bottom of the hole and I get 11 or 12-47 and I do what we all do and that is we start saying "be silver" :detecting: Out pops silver and it's a quarter. Pick it up and it's my first Barber quarter (silver out of this park looks ugly but I'll take them)! :hot: I can't wait to get on the phone to one of my buddies to tell him. After we talk and before the dirt goes back in I scan the bottom of the hole with my X-1 probe again and I get a 12-43 off to the side. Another brother? :shrug: Now I'm thinking "I just pulled a barber quarter" so this can't be a clad dime of wheat. Just know it's going to be a barber dime. I take some dirt out and I see it's another quarter. Now I'm pumped because I'm thinking I have another barber quarter. But no luck! It's only a no date SLQ :hot: :hot: Ended up with 6 silver for the day and 9 wheat's.

First time I've ever dug a barber quarter, First time I've ever found two silver quarters in the same hole, and t's the First time I've dug two holes and got two silver out of each hole on the same day. Life is good!! :thumbup: :cheers:

So close!! Would that be a Duofecta or a Bifecta? :thumbup:
Bunker

you dug more in one hole than i get all year , thats great i know how it is to find yours 1st barber quarter i did it a few days ago nice park

Thanks Gunnar! Been detecting since 1999 and thought it was never going to happen. Now if I can score a seated coin :detecting:

GunnarMN said:
you dug more in one hole than i get all year , thats great i know how it is to find yours 1st barber quarter i did it a few days ago nice park

Great story and Great finds Randy. I just wish we could convey that "stop me in my tracks" type signal. That's the one we love and the more we hear those the better we become. Awesome job! Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

Thanks Niterider! Wish those type of finds would happen all the time! I've been on a lucky hot streak lately. Hope it continues.

quote=niterider_58]
Life is good WOW congratulations on that big pile of silver :cheers:[/quote]

Hey Neb, Thanks! Learning those type of signals comes from hours and hours of detecting, a lot of grid searching, and digging a ton targets. Lift your coil a little bit too high or swing your coil off the ground at the end of your swing and you'll walk right over them and won't hear a peep. In my opinion too many people worry too much about depth instead of their detecting technique. Don't get me wrong, I love to come across those 7+ inch deep coin targets but I find most of my oldies are in the 5 to 7 inch range. It doesn't hurt to have the E- trac to help you find those type of targets :twodetecting:

NebTrac said:
Great story and Great finds Randy. I just wish we could convey that "stop me in my tracks" type signal. That's the one we love and the more we hear those the better we become. Awesome job! Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

WTG Randy! You are right about the ground being tough on those coins> Stick to modern newly dropped stuff and they will be prettier!:detecting:

Yeah, Right! :rofl: Thanks Terry! Going back for more of those dirty coins. Problem is that I gridded the crap out of the area. Lets hope I get some oldies today :shrug: I'm about due for one of those days where your just hoping for atleast a wheat and I'm way overdue for a gold ring or silver ring. :detecting:

terrywl said:
WTG Randy! You are right about the ground being tough on those coins> Stick to modern newly dropped stuff and they will be prettier!:detecting:

ya gotta love them " multiple coin-asms " :bouncy:

big congrats on your 1sts :thumbup:

may there be many more

T59