Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Batteries

Nomad NJ

Can the 705 run ok on rechargeable batteries.

NiMh are no problem. Just don't use Lithium rechargables.

I have gone to using the NON-rechargeable lithium batteries in my 705 and love the amount of use I get out of a set. Almost twice or even three times as much detecting time as the regular Duracells. I know the NON-rechargeable lithiums are more expensive but I like the not changing batteries as much part and in my part of the country the lithiums perform better in the cold weather.

I use 1.5v disposables but i have a set of 1.2v rechargables which i use also. I think the 1.5v are more powerful and make the machine deeper. ??

n/t

I'm currently using rechargeable Ni-HM Eneloop Sanyo batteries. I've got 2 sets of 4 I cycle through.
Find that they are great, and I am getting approximately 20hrs out of each set(as per page 45 of the xt705 manual)
When they run low, and the detector starts the low battery "beep", you only have about 5 minutes till shutdown.
With Duracell's, I found that when the low battery "beep" started, you had approximately 20 minutes till unit shutdown.

I use Duracells in my detector but I highly recommend NI-MH 9V batteries in your Pro Pointers. The Radio Shack versions physical size is larger than a typical 9V and therefore does not bang around in the handle plus it lasts forever.