Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery charger not charging -- suggestions?

robertk

My V3's charger isn't charging. The power light is on, but the charge light doesn't come on when I put a battery in it, and the batteries aren't charging. I've tried two batteries, and I've tried unplugging and replugging the charger into the wall. Is there anything else I can try, or do I need to get it replaced?

If you tried more than 1 battery I guess you need to have the charger replaced. Rob

This sounds kind of simplistic but are you using the rechargeable packs for the V3? If so, a call to White's is all that is needed...........:thumbup:

For a while I kept my charger plugged in (no battery). One day I said to myself that it may not be a good idea to keep it plugged into the wall until I need it.

You have me curious; was it constantly plugged into a live outlet?

Yes, I am using the rechargeable battery pack. :)

And yes I do leave it plugged in all the time. I generally have one battery pack in the charger and one in the V3, though the charger does sometimes sit for a few days without a battery in it. I wouldn't expect that to hurt it -- I have other chargers that are always plugged in and all are OK.

I reported the issue to Whites -- a new charger is on the way! Thanks, Todd at Whites! :detecting:

FYI

The V3 battery pack has a 35 deg C NTC 10K thermistor that is in direct contact with one of the batteries, this thermistor gives a reference voltage back to the charger via the middle contact on battery pack. Now if your battery pack has been out in the sun or left in a hot car it will not start the charge process until it cools down below 35 deg C and the charger is unplugged to reset the charging sequence. The same will apply if the battery pack gets to cold.

Also I have found that when charging the battery pack it shuts off charging prematurely if the kitchen is hot and I get a shorter search time, you can also checked with a multimeter, a fully charged pack should read between 11.4 and 11.7 volts.

Just out of interest how long are you getting from a charge.

I don't think the batteries were too hot or cold -- this happened when all was at room temperature. The new charger that Whites sent worked right away.

Rigit said:
Just out of interest how long are you getting from a charge.

I've never really tracked it -- I have seldom hunted more than four hours at a time, and I usually just charge the battery when I get back, whether it needs it or not.