Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery life 1600mAh

Lubelaczek

What is your battery life approximately? Mine seems to be very short after 18 hours of initial charge. Do you get like 5 or 10 hours?

I also have the car charger when running a Cadilac might as well go hole hog

I hate loading batteries in packs......... rather bees A diggin!

ps some Dude posted on the explorer forum how to make a stock pack into 2200Mah now that sounds Sweet but my Season is just

about here

Happy Trails
jim

That dude would be me:lol: Yep I built a rechargabe pack rated 2500 Mah and it lasts me over 20 hours on a single charge, what headphones have you got? the best ones on battery draw are the ones that can be run on the lower volume settings on the machine, I have reposted the battery pack post to the top for you Jim.

Are you using headphones?---Are you using the backlight?--You should surely be getting longer running time on 1600's than 5 to 10 hrs in normal operation.--The manual states 14 hrs. of constant use with 1600mAh.----I hunt all day (long hunt days) all the time with fully charged 1600 packs.---I think the packs initially build up a little when new (over charge/discharge cycles).--On new packs, I initially do the 18 hr. charge--then run them completely down (hunt time) and do an overnight charge.--I do this 5 times before I ever charge the pack before being completely run down.---This may well be "overkill" and NiMH's are well known for their "no memory effect".--I just think that by doing the above, it takes some of the risk out in the initial "break in" of a possible "memory" occurring.--After the 5 discharge/charge cycles-I charge the packs at any level.--I just don't leave them on charge any more than over night because I don't think that is good for the batteries (long term).--I'm sure there is some that would disagree with me on this.--All I can say is I've always done this and I've got OLD battery packs with long running time and have never let me down (yet). :)-----Del

n/t

They did the best on my explorer.. I could get 12 hours.. The etrac seems to drop faster on the meter , but haven't hunted long enough to see exactly how long they can go, and I recharge before each hunt.. maybe the meter dropping slows down after the initial 4 hours.
Not sure if Sunray still makes one, but the charging cradle is great for use with any of the smart chargers with the alkaline pack.. full charge in 2 or 3 hours depending on how low it was when starting.. you can get a decent smart charger for less than 50 bucks.. well worth it...
Maybe Sunray still makes there charger.. I still have one of the originals.. it was expensive at around 100.00 bucks or something but its over 10 years old and still works fine