Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery life and headphone question.

kirklyn

I am loving these new posts on the Spectra v3. You lucky few who have one keep up the good work of keeping us unlucky few up to date on what is going on in the field. And thanks to Whites for the communication and customer support they have always provided. I have a few questions if you have time.

Q1: Anybody have an estimate on battery life with rechargable and without.

Q2: Can battery life be extended by using wired headphones? (can the wireless be turned off like bluetooth on a cellphone to save battery life).

My MXT battery life with the AA pack is outstanding (never did care for rechargables) and the DFX is less than half of the MXT which is still excellent in my opinion. I just dont want to buy the Spectra v3 and find out its like 20 minutes lol. I am very excited on getting my hand on one of these hopefully by june.

Kirklyn (MI)

q2) Not significantly. But, when you are not using the wireless phones and you have them disabled, then the wireless module is shut down. But, you really won't notice a difference in power usage using one or the other audio system. They are not a significant power draw.

q1) I don't have the numbers. I think (please don't quote me) that the alkalines and the NiMH rechargable give about 12 hours use. NiCads give much less. You can use the NiCads that came with the DFX, but they will not last a full day hunt.

The battery life is just reversed for me. My wife uses alkalines until they get down to 10 volts or a little less until her MXT gets too noisy for her. I then used her batteries on my DFX until they got down to a little over 8 volts and went into auto shut-off. That resulted in about an extra 10 hours of use for me with no loss of performance.

The V3 also doesn't force a shut down until the batteries really are dead. But, it will start saving settings automatically once the battery level reaches 8 volts.

Your best bet is corded headphones, no backlight, and NiMH batteries; V should run 8-10 hours, though I haven't measure it. Yes, the WHP transmitter can be disabled. Use WHP, and you drop maybe a half-hour's time. Use the backlight, and I think you drop a couple of hours. I think alkalines run about half as long as NiMH. These are based on vague recollections of current measurements.

- Carl

Hey guys. Great forum. I have a question about the headphones that I have not seen mentioned anywhere. How long do the two AA headphone batteries normally last before they need to be replaced or recharged? Are the ones provided from White's rechargeable and if so, do you use the same charger as for the V3 battery? My V3 is on order from a local dealer and is scheduled to be in his shop on Monday April 20. Can't wait to try it out!!! Thanks for your help.

Mike