Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery Life

That will vary from person to person, but as Nancy will say, at about 10 volts the MXT starts to get a little noisy and that is when she changes her batteries. Others can tolerate the noise and and get more use out of them. The MXT operates at a little higher voltage than the other models and that is why most users will not wait until low voltage shutdown which is around 8 volts to change batteries.

Yes, Larry said it all. :cheekkiss: HH, Nancy

Thanks, Larry and Nancy, that's about what I thought. I think anything below ten is pushing the depth window.

Frank

I usually run mine till I see the low battery icon comes on.:wiggle:
Once it stays on I slide in a new pack.:detecting:
Seems to work for me.:whites:

Frank L said:
Thanks, Joel---do you notice any performance loss as that low a level?

Frank

There may be some I haven't noticed as most of my
finds are clad ,down to 4 inches deep.
I have had on occasions that at that level of battery
loss the MXT suddenly goes beserk in tones.

From what I understand, the MXT operates fine until <8 volts is reached. The voltage is adjusted for 8 volts despite the input voltage of 12. It is like a venturi the upside can be at a higher value, but the flow through is regulated for a constant input to the electronics or say in the case of water to the downstream pipe. I do notice a little chatter in the lower voltages, but the depth penetration imo is not changed. I do change out batteries or at least carry a fresh set when I notice the voltage reaches 10 or 9. What say you Larry? Marty

Like a 12 volt flashlight, it will still work at 8+ volts, it works better at 12 though. For shallow targets the lower voltage will be OK but when listening for deeper targets the noise seems to get in the way of that faint beep of a seated dime @10 inches. :biggrin: The advanced VSAT Ground tracking system used in the MXT and GMT seem to do best with the higher operating voltage (10 V or higher) while the rest of the basic metal detecting functions continue to do fine until low voltage shutdown. So if you don't mind some ground noise, the MXT seems to do just fine down to shutdown.

:csflag:My mxt Pro when it gets on the bottom side of 10 it starts acting squirelly, getting hits and there's nothing there. I put new batteries in and it's great again. Love my pro. At last count from July-11 to Dec-11 525coins, nope no silver all clad. But work in progress on the Silver dept!!!! lol. using the white's 6x10DD and getting great depth out of it, when it's wet weather. Dimes @ 8'' and Quarters @ 10" Gotta love it. Would like to thank White's for making a great machiine, I'll always have my MXT Pro.