Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery life

Dears . how long you can hunt with full accessories working in equinox machine . I'm talking about the machine and the headphone and the all accessories . give me you're experience please. Regards

I have used the Equinox up to 11 hrs continuous and still had 1 bar, but my battery was dead :cry:lol
Chime in boys and girls and lets see what is the average battery life is!
Laplander

Don't use your battery to the limit. Every time you use your battery to the limit, it will reduce your battery life. Duration decreased a lot! The best habit is to use it once and charge it again!

I was always under the impression batteries should be used till near dead. Then recharge them. It was stated to me that if not ,"your batteries develop a charge point memory".
Then at a certain point they will not use all the charge available. Is there a tech who can jump in here and address this.????????

JASON CHINA said:
Don't use your battery to the limit. Every time you use your battery to the limit, it will reduce your battery life. Duration decreased a lot! The best habit is to use it once and charge it again!

No, thats not true.

There is a huge difference between not enough power for your detector and running a battery almost empty. There is zero harm from running the battery as low as you want or need, you cant harm it. No harm in charging it at any point either.

Lithium batteries don't develop a "charge memory"
Older style Ni-Cd. batteries could but the newer Lithium batteries don't have this issue.

Lithium batteries are more prone to develop issues due to heat.
As well as discharging below a certain voltage. Luckily most all manufactures have discharge limits worked in to the circuitry/software.

Basically the rules to lithium are do not discharge to low voltage.
Do not over charge.
And do not over heat.

Read more here if you like
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_charge_when_to_charge_table

I'm no tech by any means but i once looked into this just to make sure that i was'nt damaging my batteries.I believe the battery memory you are talking about has been made irrelevant by modern battery technology.So,basically if you recharge your battery before it has totally discharged and keep repeating this,your batteries won't "remember" the level you have discharged to and will still use the full capacity of the battery if used to total discharge.
However,if your batteries are not fully discharged periodically,they can be affected by chrystalisation of the nickel (if using nicads) content in the battery.I don't understand anything about this process,only that it can affect the overall performance of your batteries so they become less efficient.This can be rectified by special chargers however......they sent pulses into the batteries to reduce the crystals and restore performance to more normal levels.
So in summary,recharging batteries before they are totally discharged is not so much of an issue as long as they are periodically discharged.

Lithium batteries like a 40 to 80% charge.... so if you charge it to 100%, dont leave it on the charger. Liths are good for about 3 years or near 1500 cycles. Newer batteries no long obtain MEMORY charge. Manual says 12 hours......... seems to be pretty accurate, but much depends on how the machine is used..... where....... back light..... number of targets..... and disc. The lith ..... id think, much like you phones will discharge from heat as the age. so store um in a cooler place..... NOT you car.