Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery Pack or the Legend

TRIPLE-SSS

Hi, Just picked up my back- up battery pack for my Legend. Don’t know if I should attach it when the batteries start wearing down on my detector or just attach it when my detector batteries are charged. Also, how long can I run the detector with the back- up battery charger pack, just curious.
Thanks.!

I see no need to carry the extra weight the whole time. I treat mine like extra AA and 9Vs I carry with my other detectors. You can also hook it up at any time to bring the charge back up, including driving to another spot although you can do that with the cord. The truth is I have never actually needed it although I have used it. I don't like it attached when detecting because of my weenie arm. How long it would last can be figured out by the capacity ratings of the two. The Legends battery is rated at 5050mAh, the backup is rated 5500 so ideally that should run twice as long. I know I charged my Legend up twice from 2 bars down using the backup battery. It might still charge it up more times but I haven't tried. But it is there if I want to go back into remote areas camping.

I actually like it attached all the time. The detector seems to balance better with it on and makes it easier to swing. Can't say how long it lasts attached, as I've never run it long enough to run out. Usually go two to three hours at a time and recharge after three or four trips.

I keep mine attached all the time but only connect it when I am down to 1 bar. The extra weight under the elbow is not noticeable to me. Having the back up battery ready to go has been very handy on several occasions.

I see no need to carry the extra weight the whole time. I treat mine like extra AA and 9Vs I carry with my other detectors. You can also hook it up at any time to bring the charge back up, including driving to another spot although you can do that with the cord. The truth is I have never actually needed it although I have used it. I don't like it attached when detecting because of my weenie arm. How long it would last can be figured out by the capacity ratings of the two. The Legends battery is rated at 5050mAh, the backup is rated 5500 so ideally that should run twice as long. I know I charged my Legend up twice from 2 bars down using the backup battery. It might still charge it up more times but I haven't tried. But it is there if I want to go back into remote areas camping.
Hi, wow , so the battery pack charger is to charge your detector batteries and not to just leave it attached. How long does it take to recharge the batteries to full power vs. using the regular wall plug charger.

Hi, wow , so the battery pack charger is to charge your detector batteries and not to just leave it attached. How long does it take to recharge the batteries to full power vs. using the regular wall plug charger.

No, it's not just to charge the battery. You can leave it attached and my understanding is that the detector will run on the battery pack before drawing on the interior battery.

I never said that, that was just one way I have used it. They put the bracket underneath to carry it. I just usually don't.
Charging the Legend takes 3 or 4 hours according to the manual. The battery capacities are there too. You have read the manual, right? You can use the extra battery any way you want. If you stay out many hours and at high drain, leaving the battery attached makes sense. Since I am old and fat and also have a Deus, there is no way I would carry the extra weight the whole time to get an extra few hours more run time. I'd just attach it when I was running low but that's just me. Everyone has different needs and preferences. For some like sprchng, it may be mandatory, for some like me, just a nice accessory. Good luck with your Legend!

Thanks Everyone! I do bring a back- up detector with me all the time but prefer to use the Legend most of the time. When I was younger, 8-10 hours hunting not a problem, now that I hit my seventies, not so easy but do push the envelope on occasion, just more rest breaks.