Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery Question

NYNURSE

Got my CTX in the mail today. Assembled it without a hitch, but I can't get the battery to charge. The red lights to the far left will light for a moment then nothing. The remote LEDs do not light at all. Is the charging system faulty or did Minelab send me two fully charged units?( battery and remote). The manual mentions a switch; I sure as heck don't see any switch anywhere. Any words of wisdom?

A switch? I checked the manual and couldn't find that mentioned, but I only did a search for that word.
The battery is properly seated in the charger? Most likely yes, but I would double check.
Anyhow, this doesn't sound good. I would call your dealer, and or Minelab to see about a replacement.

When I plug my battery charger, without a battery in it, to a power source, a green light, on the bottom left of the charger, comes on and stays on, as well as the small green light in the transformer that plugs into the outlet. I believe this would indicate that the transformer is powered up and the power is to the charger and is ready to charge. (My battery is fully charged, so when I plugged in the charger with the battery in it, both lights on the left of the charger light up solid green.) If this doesn't happen with yours, I would agree with GKMAN and talk to your dealer or the Minelab service dept. up by Chicago.........

Found the problem. The US plug was not seating correctly on the AC adapter. Can't figure out how I got it on wrong or why proper contact was not being made, but that was the issue.
It's almost always something simple. Thanks

Good to hear... Usb plugs are sneaky devils, in my job I end up trying to plug them in backward twice a day..
Haha not that often but at least once in a while

GKMan said:
A switch? I checked the manual and couldn't find that mentioned, but I only did a search for that word.
The battery is properly seated in the charger? Most likely yes, but I would double check.
Anyhow, this doesn't sound good. I would call your dealer, and or Minelab to see about a replacement.

While the problem was solved.
Page 56 it says 3. Plug the other end of the cable into the wall or car socket and turn on the switch.
BCNJ

They must mean power to the outlet? when I did that search I must have clicked the little binoculars thinking that was doing the search instead of hitting the right arrow which looks forward in the document . I just did it again and found it.