Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery

John 71

Has anyone had any trouble with the battery catching on fire? Saw on TV where some battery have been doing that.

I have not heard about this happening with detector batteries, but those stupid electronic cigarettes have been known explode and catch fire.

All batteries are a source of ignition, they store huge amounts of energy for their size and come with lots of warnings accordingly, of all the rechargeable batteries I've been around only car batteries have given problems. mainly because the owner didn't maintain them properly. Read and follow labels.
HH Jeff

Has anyone had any trouble with the battery catching on fire? Saw on TV where some battery have been doing that.
No I haven’t but that is strange.
The only battery that did that was a car battery under the Volkswagen Bug car seat. The cover moved and caused a spark, I had to pull over and take it apart to stop it.
If a Detector battery did that it would be tough to put out

Last edited:
I have not heard about this happening with detector batteries, but those stupid electronic cigarettes have been known explode and catch fire.
Send me your detector. I'll show you how to make it happen with your detector battery 🤭🤭

It looks like to me if it did catch on fire it would be when you are changing the battery? And I maybe wrong about that.
I have a better chance of finding a gold coin in a pulltab infested park before something like this ever happened. 😂😂

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but the chances are small. Don't leave a rechargeable detector in a hot car, and don't be banging the control box to hammer nails. As long as you keep away from that and use the appropriate charger you should be just fine