Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bay Water is warming up, and so is the Gold!

OldBeechnut

Quick hunt today, temps are climbing finally. A few nickels, little trash, sterling, 10k Gold Signet, and a Brass beach tag which I Lost some where in the unloading. Medallion is in bad shape, the Bays Brackish water sure does a number to silver...Thanks for looking..

Congrats on the gold and silver! Quick hunt for me yesterday yielded some sinkers, a fishing lure and a whole 2 cents in coin.

Nice finds mr joe..congrats... hope you were able to keep your feet under you this time... snow is almost all melted here...happy hunting....

Your on fire Joe. Leave a piece of gold for me!! Planning on going out the weekend after next. Heading to Va this weekend to dig some relics. Under covered the ship Sunday and taking it to the shop this Saturday for some maintenance. Should be ready to set sail soon. Heard they issed a warning that NO boats without steel hulls can be on the bay right now. Don't know for sure, but will check it out.

There will be no stopping you when the water temperature rises! Good work on the broken gold ring!!

Cliff

Gotta love a center console and a bimini top!...rig that package up with a 4 stroke, maybe a poling platform, and buddy, thats about as good as it gets!:clapping:

I'm fixin on building myself a custom center console modified 24' panga with twin 25hp 4 strokes...just to rip and roar and detect out of comfortably and cheaply, sleep aboard if needed...I like low power but solid hydrodynamics, simple and cheap...I like to run all day on 6 gal of gas, handle big surf or anything that may come up..:clapping:.
Mud

JOE in MD said:
Heard they issed a warning that NO boats without steel hulls can be on the bay right now.

Wife said she read that earlier today too. Concern about big chunks of ice that have not yet melted from what she said she read.

Thanks everyone, and Joe I am ready....I do have a couple beach's that we may need a smaller boat we can row into a area...the private piers are to close and the water is to deep to wade in...

Cliff, you know about broken rings, this one would still be there if I had not dug the beach tag...and checked my sifter before dumping.. I used the little Sunray 5 today and she is good for broken rings, I can run this ring under the coil and she will just give a little signal at 2 inch's if the ring is swept flat, now if it is nose first or heavy side up it's good at 6 to 7 inch's...squeeze it together and it is a different story..

O.B....Good finds and 10K:thumbup:

OldBeechnut said:
Cliff, you know about broken rings, this one would still be there if I had not dug the beach tag...and checked my sifter before dumping.. I used the little Sunray 5 today and she is good for broken rings, I can run this ring under the coil and she will just give a little signal at 2 inch's if the ring is swept flat, now if it is nose first or heavy side up it's good at 6 to 7 inch's...squeeze it together and it is a different story..

Yup, it has lots to do with surface area and IF the item forms a complete loop when it comes to gold. Couple examples would be small gold charms and medallions....lots of them found and some weigh less than a gram yet the detectors "see" them, probably due to them laying flat on the bottom when dropped, larger surface area exposed. I have a 2 ounce 18k bracelet that is a cuff bracelet "C" shaped, open looped..... most detector people would think your machines should "see" it from a mile away due to the weight.... best is about 6" with the CTX, Excal's and CZ-21.....however IF you hold the bracelet ends together, some machines "see" it at about 2 feet... I was snorkel detecting when I found it so I know how it was laying in the sand and how deep, I'm quite lucky it was a recent drop and just under the bottom. I'll have to see if the machines "see" the bracelet IF it was standing up instead of the open loop "C" shape showing towards the coil.....might make a difference.

Glad you got the ring!