Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BBS and multi iQ

JASONSPAZ1

My Sovereign GT is smooth as butter on a muffin at the saltwater beaches. My GT is great on wide open fields with little trash to help find the deep larges and small silver as well.
These are not revelations to any of us long time Sovereign users. With BBS I can tell aluminum and bottle caps by the "wah-wah" sounds vs. a solid deep coin. I knw that the Sovereigns recovery speed is nothing to write home about but I have adjusted to it for the past 15 years.
Anyways those are hard features that work on the BBS machine and I am wondering if the new Minelab multi iQ machines be that step above in regards to raw depth and smooth thresholds in tough ground. I am not asking for direct comparisons as I know there is a forum for that. Just curios if any of the Sovereign users have been lured by the NOX series.

Thanks in advance.
HH
Jason

Ive been pondering this as well. . I love the gt for all the same reasons as you... from what has been posted i believe depth is comparable but of course with the excellent separation on the nox many smaller tiny targets can be found that the gt cant even see but that can work both ways in that a person could waste alot of time digging tiny rubish or they could hit the small gold most just walk over... i hope to purchase an 800 this year to find out for myself lol... happy hunting. ..

After using both I have a few opinions especially on beach hunting.

The Sovereign is a better at identifying bottle caps. When it comes to dry sand hunting the Equinox is handicapped by the inability to ID bottle caps as easily. It can be done with the switching of frequencies and coil maneuvering, but the Sovereign can do it easily with sound.

In the wet sand the Equinox is the finest beach detector for gold I have ever used. This is where the Equinox was meant to be. It is very sensitive to smaller gold like a woman's ring. Quite a bit more sensitive than BBS units. There is hardly any trash so the ID of bottle caps is not an issue. The worry of getting it wet is not an issue. It is light to swing and work for hours in the sun. It has a back light for night hunts....a favorite of mine.

Jason, I just purchased a Nokta Impact lots of people rat and rave about the Anfibio also. Will it replace my Sovereign no. Both the Sovereign and Impact are tools which have pros and cons. When the weather breaks I'll be searching worked out parks with both the Impact and Sovereign. HH Ron

For the most part i agree with Goodmore..... but ive not found the bottle caps to be a problem..... the surface ones are very distinct.... the mid range ones can be an issue.... but the deep ones you are going to dig with most machines. 90% of the time those mid ones give me a 15 in there some where while jumping around. The machine is faster .... almost to fast on a beach....... but yes its deep. But you lack the coil availability the Sov had. Threshold/chatter maybe an issue with a lot of EMI. The threshold on the Nox is really just noise..... its not a true threhold like in gold mode. Basiclly used to ID iron blanking..... which isnt really needed since it has the ability to reduce the volume of the various target ranges.... especially iron. The machine is worth having at its cost and warranty. Nice to have the target ID as well. For beach hunting...... im not sure ML did themselves any favors..... half the price of an Xcal..... 3 times less than a CTX with the same warranty and performance. As a new guy or casual beach hunter which would you buy?

i had a equinox but went back to an excalibur 800 & a ctx 3030 :detecting:
they suit me better love the sound of a bbs :super:
small trash & bottlecaps were a pain
but the equinox is a very good machine for the price very deep & light & hot on gold

Me too exactly!
Excal very fun to use, CTX easier on the brain (than EQ) but heavier - fine with harness.
Try the SD at the beach!

would be a great idea but
my beach is loaded with iron the sd would not work well
nails & bottle caps galore lol

At this point we are still comparing VLFs.... but one really has to note right now... what will the PIs impact be for beach hunting more than the Nox and our current machines. We may well see the CTX gone....thou it seems no one has an interest in doing much with real dive machines like the Xcal.... so it could stay. This burst of interest in PI by Whites and Fisher...... could or should bring ML into it even more. Which will also change dirt hunting i believe.