Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Hunting & need your help!!

urb2165

Hello,
I have a Minelab Explorer SE but never hunted the beach. I plan to hunt Friday 5/30. I will be hunting at North Myrtle Beach that night, Saturday and Sunday. Can someone give me tips on how to set up my SE so I havea better chance of finding treasure?
Thanks,
Black Jack urb2165@bellsouth.net

I don't have enough experience to speak personally but one thing I remember from something CharlesNY has on his website is, if you have falsing issues, to try dropping the gain before you try dropping the sensitivity.

cause it quiets the falses to a fainter sound but if you hit a good target it sounds for real and louder and constant....also discrim. out crown caps cause that is the area most falses come from if you watch the cursor and the area it hits when falsing is that same area.....I cut the gain to 6....and run 24-26 with XS...and am in cleared smart screen but crown caps rejected thru the select menu. :detecting:

I ran my SE in all metal mode at St Augustine Beach and had no problems. :blowup: