Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach performance

Bottle caps, can slaw, Pull and pop tabs are part of detecting I just wish there wasn't so many of them lol

Very interesting letter from Minelab, Dew. Very interesting that they are paying that close of attention to the forums, also... Wow. They knew you by name...from two different forums.

Of curiousity, what address did you send that email to (you might PM it to me?)

Steve

I posted this before as well.......... we are our own worst enemy as to what we get guys. Comments like if it drops thru the scoop i dont chase it, i dont want to dig smaller gold its not worth anything, i want a larger coil, i want to cover more beach, i want a smooth running machine in the salt water.... on and on. You get what you ask for with a few tweaks. Thats why we are just RING hunting out there..... and doing more recent drop hunting. Its like car companies making them get 20 MPG....... knowing they already have the capability to get 60MPG. This will be an interesting machine...... it has a LOT of competition to be compared to as a dirt machine. Its uniqueness will be for raw gold hunting and beach hunting. Anyone wonder what will happen to the Xcal? People like Joe (ole beach nut) doing better headphones and PPers and our upgrading to CF shafts has made some real improvements ..... but drive that price tag up. Im not sure with this machine that the Xcal will be quite as attractive now if we find performance to be the same. I also believe ...... these mods will stop being done. Im in Fl and cant say i know a lot of people that use the Xcal for diving..... mostly Fisher.

Its great ML is giving us what we want....... but like they say...... just be careful what you ask for......be more specific what you want.

I fine with no small stuff.
I am not going to spend the time looking for a small earring that will be worth poop even thou I have when board and not many targets around.

Greeny........ you missed my point. To find those chains EVERYONE whines about you have to have the ability to find those earrings. Not all the gold our current machine CANT find are small. Its like why dig pull tabs...... or pennies...... i can show you why. We have to change some of the way we are thinking here. We get what we are used to using.... we have to start thinking out of the box. If we think it they will make it.

Dew

Hmm, half a gram of 14k equals approximately $12 US,
one (non rare) silver US quarter equals approximately $3 US IF it isn't almost totally destroyed due to salt water....

I'll take all the small gold chains and earrings I can find!

Cliff

Cliff.... we both know chains that are missed can weigh more than that. Ive seen hollow earring.... that dont complete the loop the size of a dime not picked up that weigh a good bit more that a 1/2 gram..... or how about those white gold ones with prongs for diamonds? Its not about weight or even items that fall thru a scoop.... its about items missed near that narrow salt setting. Oh and those rings..... Greeny, we certainly wont leave those for you either....thats just a matter of who gets the coil over them.

Even more to the point, if you aren't digging foil targets, you are missing the majority of gold targets out there. The problem with salt water beaches is that by the time you make the machine sensitive enough to pick up tiny gold, like small earrings, it loses the ability to read through the salt. Developing the machine that can separate the two will be quite an achievement, but i doubt the Equinox will be that machine.

The Equinox's real selling point, for me, is putting a good beach machine into a lightweight package that isn't necessarily waterproof, but is water resistant. If it will perform as well as an Excal on the salt water beaches in my area, I am sold. I'll just wait to see what the verdict is once users start reporting in.

Miser67 said:
Even more to the point, if you aren't digging foil targets, you are missing the majority of gold targets out there.

Couldn't agree more!

Cliff

IF this machine is going to bring up some of the smalls missed....... you best not leave that shallow digit 1 to 4 disc out..... or Cliffs going to get your gold lol. It will be interesting to see some of the small gold i have laying around ..... how near it falls to those lower digits. Also to see the spread vs the CTX on a little larger pieces. The CTX didnt care much for broken gold rings. I believe i have one the CTX hated but the Xcal was better on. Drag out the treasure chest Cliff..... we are going to have a ball.

Dew