Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach performance

I like beach 2 in wet sand... separation set on 1, at times I’ve struggled with EMI at the beach where I could barely hunt higher than 16 sensetivity setting without being way to chatty.. last week I was at the shore and had no problem running sensitivity at 20 with no discrimination and it ran very smooth...

Agree with pirate for our Atlantic sand in Florida. Beach 2 runs more stable, quieter and coin size objects ring out. Can also run SENS at 23 most of the time. NB and GB often. I use Beach 1 as a checker to see if I get a better signal sometimes. I think it depends on the sand.

I use beach 1 for dry sand, beach 2 for wet and low surf. But I'm in beach2 90% of the time, I'll forget to switch to Beach1 when I hit the dry sand. Beach 2 works great. :detecting:

Does anyone GB on east facing Atlantic beaches in New England. I'm on the Cape
I use auto GB on the beaches, dry, wet and surf. Land use I still us auto and sometimes manual GB. It all works great, I like auto # 1 beacuse I'm getting lazy, #2 I'm getting lazy,#3 it works fine. :detecting:

On the beach do you GB once and again after a while? Also do you use Tracking?
No, I never use tracking, I forget even if my Nox 600 has it. I wouldn't use it anyway. Auto is fine at the beach. Your conditions change so fast at the beach, you would be GBing the machine every couple of feet. On land in parks or fields I don't find this to be a problem. Like I said look at the video by the gigmaster, he sets up a
Nox 800, But I set my Nox 600 the same way. I forget all the settings without looking at them now. But follow his instructions, they work. :detecting:

@rumtide, Exactly, beach dependent.

I've been using beach 2 exclusively in wet and dry and like it. As for GB, as per the manual, unless it's necessary, don't do it/leave at 0. I've never ground balanced at the beach and have never had any issues.