Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

beach settings

jimmy

I am looking for some help with better beach patterns than the stock minelab patterns, I have been to the beach here in N.C. 3 times and found silver plus plenty of coins but no gold, does open screen no discimination work or is there a couple of patterns that the experienced hunters use. Thanks Jimmy

Hey Jimmy,
You will find info of patterns for gold in many previous posts here if you use the search feature. If you don't I;m sure that there will be some great advice and help by the super great folks here on the E trac site. Personally I only use the tight discrimination patterns when time is the constraint and I'm in a good area for finding gold. The key for me being that if I'm in a good area for finding gold then I want to open my discrimination up more or in many cases as large as I can stand and have TIME to dig all the targets. You most likely know...the more discrimination the less gold as it can range so much. The biggest factor: put yourself where you can find gold, then develop a pattern on that site that will work for you. Obviously this will take some time on that site.

I have collected patterns for gold from the many previous posts that provide some in site yet I still end up modifying it for my hunts.

Best of Luck,
Shov

I pretty much hunt a wide open screen on the beach and dig anything above the 27 FE line. If conditions allow I also hunt in pinpoint mode. It can be a little deeper on many beaches. You really don't want much disc on the beach. Also run ground neutral, fast off, sens as high as you can stand or auto +3 if it's more then you can stand.