Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach settings

Sonny....... i dont like 50 tone..... i switch between 5 and 2. I prefer 2 in the water...... no threhold..... and AM just to keep more of the iron/mineral tones in the iron bin..... i also turn iron bin down to 4. Out of the water you have the TID screen to help wiggle out an id better than in the water...... in the water you have less targets.

Dew

I am using the 5 tone just because its default. I really only need 2 tone (iron vs non iron). The only settings I change are volume and sensitivity based on the conditions. Otherwise I am still going back and forth between beach 1 and 2. Got to do some more testing on them.

I use fifty tone because it gives a better iron tone on bottle caps doing the ML wiggle. I hear a grunt when coil is just starting to come off target. Sometimes its faint but it has shown to be the easiest way to determine if its a cap. I keep response to 4 and iron at 4. Seems to work better with my faster swing. I hope that ML will give an upgrade to spread out the TID in nickel range. So many targets on beach come in that range including bottle caps. Needs 50 points on discrimination. IMHO

I have a slightly different approach with five tone. I actualy set bin one as a mid tone. I set bin two and three ( 0 >. 20 ) the same, a low tone (3) & bins four and five a high tone the same (25). I like my gold low tones ( just my preference ) and my silver high tones. I know that I have dug men's class rings in the 35 range because of the copper base metal and 20 is on the border of gold or copper silver. I dig everything in bins 2,3,4,5 untill the very close end of my spin and then I just cherry pick those low tones. I also set the volume for bin one very low and bins 2 > 5 wide open 25. No threshold, iron bius 4 recovery 4 > 6. Dew do you see any flaws with this? Thanks everybody and good luck to all.

Carolina

Carolina....... i dont know how condensed your targets are there..... but in the water here im running IB 0. Bottle caps are the biggy in the water with IB and it really doesnt give me anymore info on them. I do like the 800 over the 600 just because you can play with how you hear the targets more to suit you. It can get mind numbing if not set up right to me. I run mine a little hot so it takes a little more concentration...... the less noise and the better the tones to get me to question a sound the better.

Great info, Clad--couldn't agree more on the "stacking". NIkels, caps small tabs and gold--all '14".
cjc

I can normally wiggle a 15, 20s..... then a -1 one out of a bottle cap. Its those crazy low digits ..... like a solid 10 on the deep ones i need to take a scoop off to ID. Id been just fine if they would have opened up the lower digits..... and closed the gap on all those upper wasted digits. Something like a Sov spread.......or at least had iron wrap around on the high end instead of right in the middle of the gold range.