Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach use

Has anyone really used the new E-trac at the beach and how is it working for you? I am thinking about taking mine to the beach to try it out. I am still trying to figure this machine out its going to take a lot of learning time to get comfortable, I own an Explorer and have always knocked it out of the park-but bought this new E-trac because it looked like a great machine, Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. HH All and Happy New Year

Did my first run today. Did as good as the other hunters in mediocre beach conditions. One guy even had an Excal and had modest finds. It was pretty sanded in but I still did make some finds and had a great day at the beach!

Hi

I use mine on the beach on a regular basis,I mostly use it in all metal mode and dig all targets,the reason being is that there is not much junk here
also some targets in the salt act in funny ways mostly if they are deep.The beauty of the etrac is there is no falsing....hope this helps

I used in in Florida a few years back . I was very surprised at how well it ran. Very smooth!

you might want to call Joe Marco , a sponser on this site. He wrote something on just that in Andy scrabishe's etrac book/ explorer on falsing down the Beach, black sands etc... check for his banner. nicest guy, talk your ear off., good information. ;
856-825 6009 he will answer that one.

;
:

:

Try smooth sounds. Because beaches are surprisingly less junky than parks, etc smooth sounds works great on the beach. I forget the other settings I used, maybe junk low, deep on, soil normal, fast off...

Sand at least that in NW Fla is basically glass, and detects like the best mineral free soil. Now the sandy soils in the towns there were another story, and my auto sens went down to 18 there. The beach gave me 25-29 auto sens.

Black sand is definitely, soil difficult, setting wise, not sure about the others I will try to check Andy's book...