Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beanfield Finds

Hello All: Was looking for some help in ID'ing a couple Beanfield finds. First two pics (sorry so bad) are of a Civil War Token I think. The front we can read the word Country with a "e" above it for One Country. Surrounded by what looks like sunrays. And on the back is a Flag on a pole surrounded by laurel wreath. I have been unable to locate any thing that looks like this on the web. There is a "Dix Token " that looks sorta like this but this is not a Dix token, any help out there ??? The third pic is of I think is a pin of sorts it looks like it was pressed on something due to the back has only one contact point and its round and smooth. The front has the letters " S C" or " C S " with a small "o" to the side. I'll post the back in another thread. The forth pic is of what I thin was a Ribbon . It has a Bust on front under his right shoulder you can make out the letters "of" then "HUNG", as you can see the bottom edge is flat where I think the ribbon would hang. The back has two mounting points like a clip. I was thinking a War ribbon ??? Some conflict in Hungary. The last two pics are of a button Here I'm looking for just some dates used and such. It's pretty self ID'ing, it shows a young rider on horse on front and says "pony Stockings for Boys and Girls" on back .All these were found in North Central Ohio in November. Along with 1862 + 1890 Indian Heads, 1842 Canadian Half Cent,1863 Grocer Token," Our Navy" Civil War Token, several other flat buttons and a 177? British Half Penny. The whole post will be on the CTX3030 forum soon, I hope. Thanks in Advance for any and all help HH Jack

Not sure about the others, but the third piece is a keyhole cover from a padlock, most likely from a C.S. & Co. padlock similar to this one.
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-s-co-heart-lock-key-406849022

In the Standard Catalog of U.S. Tokens, 1700-1900, I found your token. It's a Patriotic Civil War. Obv. die #216 and rev. die #293. The pics in my book aren't the sharpest, but somebody may have a different book with better pics they can post. Congrats on your find.

Thanks Again All: Going back to the field on Thursday. Hope for some more great finds. "Wish me Luck" Still trying to get some Info. on the pony stocking button pics 5+6, and the item in pics 4+8. I think it was some kind of War Ribbon or Medal ? Thanks HH Jack