Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beautiful Crucifix

jeffc

Found this yesterday at the beach. No markings. Registers as a 12-05/06 on the CTX and weighs approximately 6g.

Nice Christ, it seems to be an artisan work, for this reason may lack trademarks and save taxes.
I think you should look at him, looks like gold.

No hallmarks could really mean something very old! Gorgeous find there Jeff!:clapping: Whats the backstory!
Mud

Just out for a stroll yesterday at the beach. Was finding plenty of clad so I locked in on an area. Found a 10k ring and thought "what a good day" About fifteen minutes later, I get a bouncy 12-04/05/06. Instead of a pulltab, this pops out from about 8 inches. Didn't think to scan for the chain.

One documented shipwreck in the area from the 1700s. Probably not that old; however, one can dream...

Great find! It looks a little bronze/brass colored? and it's hard to say if it's AU from the pic and what karat...and so time to do an acid test to be sure. They are cheap to buy on EBay and essential to have! Please let us know when you find out:thumbup:

Goldstrike said:
Great find! It looks a little bronze/brass colored? and it's hard to say if it's AU from the pic and what karat...and so time to do an acid test to be sure. They are cheap to buy on EBay and essential to have! Please let us know when you find out:thumbup:

I do need to pick up a testing kit. I have gone through what seems to be a two-year dry spell for the yellow goods. New areas, new techniques, and continued persistence have proved to be a good combination. I will probably stop by a local jeweler today and have them check it for me.

A stunning find....more so if it turns out to be gold.
Get it tested asap and please report back.