Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

beautiful!

towboater2013

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/fabulous-200-million-dollar-treasure-hoard-unearthed-in-cocos-island/

If I had found it I would not have called my boss I would have been my on boss.It won't last the goverment 90 days

It may be that their government is not as corrupt as ours.

Even though not one coin is mine, it's still a thrill to read about buried treasure being found. It reinforces the fact that there still is treasure, be it coins, bars of silver and gold and who knows what! buried and hidden in many locations around the world.
Maybe one of us may get lucky and find something really incredible as well? It doesn't cost anything to dream about it! Thanks for sharing.
P.s. I'm going to be dropping an application to be a Park Ranger on Cocos Island tomorrow:rofl: I'll even work for minimum wage!!!

If they stop treasure hunting that island back in the 70's you know someone would have found it probably.

Wow!:stretcher: It does however seem to me that 5 other co-workers is five too many! I think in this case that old pirate thing about dead men don't tell no tales has some merit.
Just saying because I know I'm not the only one thinking it.
I'm also pretty darn sure most of us on here suspect there is more to be found.
Furthermore You can better darn well believe someone is hitting it hard at night,probably Law and Gov. employees!

Thats cool! Thats what we are after alright! I think like Goldstrike when somebody has a big find, cache, nugget, treasure hoard or coin...there out there still, and I got just a good a chance as anybody...

Didja see that a few weeks ago some farmer in China stumbled across a 17lb gold nugget? Yep, its out there..:clapping:
Mud

I saw that. That honker would have blown the speakers out on a detector lol.

To be the one who actually stumbles upon a trove like that…WOW! Many thoughts run through my mind, it's just way too much to try and conceal for personal gain…. C'mon, I'm sure a few have already had those thoughts. If it had to be turned over to the authorities I'd want a souvenir coin or two. I like Britain's method of compensating land owners and finders of treasure trove. This happened in a National Park in a banana republic…OLE! OMG!
HH-Bruce

It is almost certainly the Treasure of Lima. They found two life-sized, solid gold Virgin Marys. Not many of them laying around, and THEY were part of the Lima treasure.

There are two life-sized statues of the Virgin Mary holding the Infant... solid gold, encrusted with diamonds, emeralds, and pearls. It happens that I have a list of the goodies that made up the Lima treasure.

The original document, found in the museum of Caracas, is the inventory left by Fitzgerald at Coiba: (I can explain about Fitzgerald and the other thieves, but who cares about them?)

"We have buried at a depth of four feet in the red earth:

1 chest;
altar trimmings of cloth of gold,
with baldachins,
monstrances,
chalices,
comprising 1,244 stones.
1 chest;
2 gold reliquaries weighing 120 pounds,
with 624 topazes,
cornelians and emeralds,
12 diamonds.
1 chest;
3 reliquaries of cast metal weighing 160 pounds,
with 860 rubies and various stones,
19 diamonds.
1 chest;
4,000 doubloons of Spain marked 8.
5,000 crowns of Mexico.
124 swords,
64 dirks,
120 shoulder belts.
28 rondaches.
1 chest;
8 caskets of cedar-wood and silver,
with 3,840 cut stones,
rings,
patents and
4,265 uncut stones.

28 feet to the northeast, at a depth of 8 feet in the yellow sand;
7 chests:
with 22 candelabra in gold and silver weighing 250 pounds,
and 164 rubies a foot.

12 armspans west, at a depth of 10 feet in the red earth;

The seven-foot Virgin of gold weighing 780 pounds,
rolled in her gold chasuble on which are 1,684 jewels.
Three of these are 4-inch emeralds
on the pectoral and 6 are 6-inch topazes on the crown.
The seven crosses are of diamonds

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion, $200M does not come close to the total value of the Treasure of Lima. Just looking at ONE line above: "4000 Doubloons marked 8" <-- A thoroughly dinged and circulated one of these coins goes for over $1,200. So these "not worn down for centuries" 4000 coins will go for 'way upward from that. And don't forget the 4-inch emeralds...

So....they have found my treasure I buried over there! I've got my ship waiting for us to sail over to Cocos Island to take back what's mine! I'll share my treasure with you...so matey's...who's with me? arrrgggg!!

Just kidding of course but you know these adventures did happen 150-200 years ago and although it was a cuthroat, bloodletting, downright scary time, it must have been a very exciting and colorful time for them!!! at least until they were were caught and hung!:thumbdown: Dang.....those gold bars and gold and silver coins look real good:drool:

Unca Walt said:
It is almost certainly the Treasure of Lima. They found two life-sized, solid gold Virgin Marys. Not many of them laying around, and THEY were part of the Lima treasure.

There are two life-sized statues of the Virgin Mary holding the Infant... solid gold, encrusted with diamonds, emeralds, and pearls. It happens that I have a list of the goodies that made up the Lima treasure.

The original document, found in the museum of Caracas, is the inventory left by Fitzgerald at Coiba: (I can explain about Fitzgerald and the other thieves, but who cares about them?)

"We have buried at a depth of four feet in the red earth:

1 chest;
altar trimmings of cloth of gold,
with baldachins,
monstrances,
chalices,
comprising 1,244 stones.
1 chest;
2 gold reliquaries weighing 120 pounds,
with 624 topazes,
cornelians and emeralds,
12 diamonds.
1 chest;
3 reliquaries of cast metal weighing 160 pounds,
with 860 rubies and various stones,
19 diamonds.
1 chest;
4,000 doubloons of Spain marked 8.
5,000 crowns of Mexico.
124 swords,
64 dirks,
120 shoulder belts.
28 rondaches.
1 chest;
8 caskets of cedar-wood and silver,
with 3,840 cut stones,
rings,
patents and
4,265 uncut stones.

28 feet to the northeast, at a depth of 8 feet in the yellow sand;
7 chests:
with 22 candelabra in gold and silver weighing 250 pounds,
and 164 rubies a foot.

12 armspans west, at a depth of 10 feet in the red earth;

The seven-foot Virgin of gold weighing 780 pounds,
rolled in her gold chasuble on which are 1,684 jewels.
Three of these are 4-inch emeralds
on the pectoral and 6 are 6-inch topazes on the crown.
The seven crosses are of diamonds

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion, $200M does not come close to the total value of the Treasure of Lima. Just looking at ONE line above: "4000 Doubloons marked 8" <-- A thoroughly dinged and circulated one of these coins goes for over $1,200. So these "not worn down for centuries" 4000 coins will go for 'way upward from that. And don't forget the 4-inch emeralds...

The article linked by the OP says that they found 89000 coins but the above manifest only calls out a total of 9000 - that's a pretty big discrepancy! Also if the article had called out a smaller number than the manifest one could argue that they just hadn't found it yet. Seems to me this casts doubt on the identity of the treasure - or the manifest is inaccurate. Perhaps the concealers low-balled it so they could hide a big pile for themselves separately? :shrug:

-pete