Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Been away, questions....

Sleepyjim

So been out of it with some issues and a move, now being a bit lazy and curious, I got a couple questions:

What is the latest hot (great) program for the original 9" and the white 9" coils for coin shooting mainly....

Anything to know about latest update (I assume there has been, gonna check)?

Thanks fellas!
Jim

Welcome home
I'll try to answer you as nobody else seems to want to help. 120 views and not one answer is pathetic.Bunch of Lurkers LOL
The program you choose is based on the ground that you have. This means is it mineralized or is it heavy trash or something else. The aim of picking a program is to end up with a machine that is behaving well so that if your coil goes over a target you can tell that it did. So, the aim is to have a quiet program for the area that you hunt. For coin shooting a local park it doesn't have to be hard to set up. Start with one of the factory programs and dive in. Make some adjustments if needed. There's nothing bad in the new software and I always update to the latest.
All the talk about all the versions one being better than the other is unscientific BS. You only know what you find not what you miss or why you may have missed something. Yes update. Get out there, and post what you find bunch of lazy asses around here.

CT Todd is exactly right, start with a program and test different coins and rings at different depths. then tweek your program a little here and there to see if some adjustments make a difference. May be a little more sensitivity will help, or TX power up or down, also the silencer can be adjusted, when you get it to you liking then save it. If you have different areas that you hunt do the same thing on these areas because different areas have different types of soil that will effect how the detector performs. I have three different programs for three different areas that i hunt. When in the field i look for a good weak signal and see if i can improve on the signal with different adjustments.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I have "my set programs" I used before to great success but the ground hardness was different and I am not sure why I was thinking that would make a huge difference LOL......

I also just got the 9" x35 coil so I got to spend time dialing that in as well.....

HH!