Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Been doing a little hunting..

Gonehunting

Guys still haven't gotten moved and the internet here is bad.. I have to find a hotspot just to post so thats why it has been a while... I have had several hunts and found some cool finds..
Here is a pocket watch that evidently someone turned into a picture charm.. I didn't realize there was a photo in it until I started cleaning it...
aWcgm.jpg

just a small amount of the coins that I have been finding here lately...
oZquc.jpg

So far this is one of my favorites of these last few months.. love the tokens..
5IXCk.jpg

OKk9i.jpg

The Red Cross Pharmacy was started as a single store owned by M.A. Brown in Miami, Missouri in 1854. A town fire force the move to Marshall Missouri in 1879.
The unrelated American Red Cross was established in 1881 and was granted a congressional charter in 1905. Businesses that had already been using the Red Cross name and insignia was allowed to continue to use the cross and name. By the script and type of token I would think it was minted around the turn of the century, but have no evidence to back that assumption.
This photo was from a hunt in a small town that was booming in the early 1900's. One local store had been robbed and the safe was blown.. The tumblers in the lower right were found about 20 feet from where the store stood. Luckily the owner lost only a few dollars in the safe, because he had kept the money in a sack below the safe...
WSThG.jpg

This is just a small sample compact found in the yard where I found the artillery shell, metal photos, and confederate reunion badge from earlier this year..
oEqKb.jpg

This also came from that yard and is a small button or piece of jewelry of some type...
pXqkP.jpg

This is from the yard where I had the grand slam last month.. the Comb says "Kentucky Made No.1"
u6uAQ.jpg

I have been kinda lucky here lately but the yards in Atoka are just drying up..

Oh and also, close call with that lightning strike. i hope the CTX found you a clean pair of shorts too. lmao

Hey gonehunting you know what that comb is don't you

Fired89 said:
Hey gonehunting you know what that comb is don't you
no not really...

Hair straighter it used stream dig about 3 of them a couple of years ago at site that was around

Cool info thanks... the site i was at had a couple of coins from the 1880's

Thanks guys....

Good to see you're still swinging the coil. I was beginning to wonder if you'd fallen off the face of the earth! :stars: As you suggest, lots of places have been hit pretty hard over the years. But knowing the CTX is still able to pull stuff out of those sites is encouraging to everyone. Thanks for posting. HH Randy

Digger said:
Good to see you're still swinging the coil. I was beginning to wonder if you'd fallen off the face of the earth! :stars: As you suggest, lots of places have been hit pretty hard over the years. But knowing the CTX is still able to pull stuff out of those sites is encouraging to everyone. Thanks for posting. HH Randy
:lmfao: Yeah the internet here is not good.. I did find wifi hotspot near me but will only get to it ever so often.. I am posting another video today on my youtube channel... Have been hunting but I have had to start going to other small communities to be able to hunt cause there isn't much left here... but it seems every time I go the CTX is still able to find something.. just not enough to make a video every time..

Congrats Evan WTG. I have not been able to hunt much and my last 3 trips were , well let's say not eventful lol My hunting buddy bootyhunter did get his first v nickel that was sweet. I hope next few weeks I can get out and hunt.

mtwolf2270 said:
Congrats Evan WTG. I have not been able to hunt much and my last 3 trips were , well let's say not eventful lol My hunting buddy bootyhunter did get his first v nickel that was sweet. I hope next few weeks I can get out and hunt.
tell him congrats on the vicky!!! yeah this is usually the best time of the year for me, but the location I live is getting harder and harder to find stuff...
Here is a recent hunt that is on my website.Century Old Safe Robbery